MAIWAND SHOULD BE BANNED

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: MAIWAND SHOULD BE BANNED

Post by spooky1972 »

Gristy wrote:
Statler and Waldorf wrote:Hang on.......I thought the amateur league was head and shoulders above the federation
in terms of administration etc?

Seems like they care a lot about the integrity of the league!
Are Sierra All Stars in fact Burundi rebadged?
It's all good though as the headquarter has cash in the bank :roll:
heard sierra stars went to vipers in fed but could be wrong

correct a whole heap went there due to free fees

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Dash Riprock wrote:Burundi Eagles are the ex Collegiate team 'Regency Eagles'.
They played under the name North City last season as their A team but have since pulled out the CSL altogether it would seem.
Good luck with that :shock:
Gee ! I hope the FFSA aren't in trouble with teams deserting the Collegiate League for the SAASL :shock:
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

abdababda
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by abdababda »

ladies and gentlemen, just to make things clear, Ghan and Maiwand are two different teams. they might have the same background but they certainly have different aspirations. Maiwand on one hand has bad history but Ghan is much more of a stable club/team which respects all the opposition clubs and the rules and regulations of Amateur League.

Ronnie Chiggs
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ronnie Chiggs »

abdababda wrote:ladies and gentlemen, just to make things clear, Ghan and Maiwand are two different teams. they might have the same background but they certainly have different aspirations. Maiwand on one hand has bad history but Ghan is much more of a stable club/team which respects all the opposition clubs and the rules and regulations of Amateur League.
Like fixing 20+ goal margins. :lol:
No-one is innocent

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

Ronnie Biggs wrote:
abdababda wrote:ladies and gentlemen, just to make things clear, Ghan and Maiwand are two different teams. they might have the same background but they certainly have different aspirations. Maiwand on one hand has bad history but Ghan is much more of a stable club/team which respects all the opposition clubs and the rules and regulations of Amateur League.
Like fixing 20+ goal margins. :lol:

what are blue nile called these days. they were the other team in that 20 goal stitch up. :?:

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

trump for president. sure would be different hey. :roll:

nohands
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by nohands »

I call bull s$$t!!
Ghan have played fed players ever since they started. They are always keen for a fight and never play fair. Their reserves play dumb like they don't know the rules. In my opinion both teams should be banned.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

nohands wrote:
I call bull s$$t!!
Ghan have played fed players ever since they started. They are always keen for a fight and never play fair. Their reserves play dumb like they don't know the rules. In my opinion both teams should be banned.
the solution is simple the govt stupidly keep giving the league money to put up with these reffo clubs. stop the money and the league will kick them out if they don't behave. easy. :roll:

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

bloodypassit wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:the solution is simple. if the govt stops giving money to the amateur league to set up these reffo clubs that would be the end of it. then headquarters would start treating them like normal clubs and the level playing field would be restored. hopefully. :roll:
The money that was given to the amateur league had to be refunded back to the government
Your comments on March 3rd

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

well if that is so why are the powers that be still putting up with their kraaap. normal clubs wouldent be allowed to get away with what they do. anybody got any ideas why this is so. :?:

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

spooky1972 wrote:
Gristy wrote:
Statler and Waldorf wrote:Hang on.......I thought the amateur league was head and shoulders above the federation
in terms of administration etc?

Seems like they care a lot about the integrity of the league!
Are Sierra All Stars in fact Burundi rebadged?
It's all good though as the headquarter has cash in the bank :roll:
heard sierra stars went to vipers in fed but could be wrong

correct a whole heap went there due to free fees
No such thing as free fees, someone always pays and if I know the people involved
The players in some way will be paying.

abdababda
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by abdababda »

THE ORAKLE wrote:well if that is so why are the powers that be still putting up with their kraaap. normal clubs wouldent be allowed to get away with what they do. anybody got any ideas why this is so. :?:
because the amateur league needs exciting and good teams :D

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

abdababda wrote:
THE ORAKLE wrote:well if that is so why are the powers that be still putting up with their kraaap. normal clubs wouldent be allowed to get away with what they do. anybody got any ideas why this is so. :?:
because the amateur league needs exciting and good teams :D

Yes, they are so good that's why so many of them go up the leagues and are in the top division.

THE ORAKLE
Star Player
Star Player

Post by THE ORAKLE »

let us all fervantly hope that things just maybe different this coming season. shall we all cross our collective fingers and wish. :?: :?: :?: :roll:

AL K HOLIC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by AL K HOLIC »

correct a whole heap went there due to free fees[/quote]

No such thing as free fees, someone always pays and if I know the people involved
The players in some way will be paying.[/quote]

sure coaching junior teams or doing something but the majority are NOT paying fees and that is fact. Many/some were actually going to a different club but once fees were discussed they all went to vipers cos fees would be arranged. Of course someone pays, sponsor, canteen whatever but it isn't them. I personally know many players who played from U11 to U18 never paid a cent and just went from club to club to whoever needed players and paid for them. Don't get me wrong some pay but the majority don't. In saying that the vipers are not alone, many cubs will pay players fees if they are good enough and first team players and that gets them to sign, nothing new.

Steve#4
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Steve#4 »

AL K HOLIC wrote:correct a whole heap went there due to free fees

The players in some way will be paying.[/quote]

sure coaching junior teams or doing something but the majority are NOT paying fees and that is fact. Many/some were actually going to a different club but once fees were discussed they all went to vipers cos fees would be arranged. Of course someone pays, sponsor, canteen whatever but it isn't them. I personally know many players who played from U11 to U18 never paid a cent and just went from club to club to whoever needed players and paid for them. Don't get me wrong some pay but the majority don't. In saying that the vipers are not alone, many cubs will pay players fees if they are good enough and first team players and that gets them to sign, nothing new.[/quote]

Well if thats the case then the club will pay, someone always pays.

Many clubs have done this and never turns out well for the club.

No one appreciates/values anything they get for nothing.

Whispers
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Whispers »

Unley United A's Played Maiwand A's in the cup game on Sunday, and we had a very good match losing 3-4.

Maiwand were very well behaved and are a skillful and friendly team, so there were no issues during the game.

PAC played the 'reserves' and their supporters were being quite inappropriate, even staying at our home ground after their win to heckle our A's players who played Maiwand while they were drinking; not a great representative example for PAC.

Wunkar Fox
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Wunkar Fox »

Whispers wrote:Maiwand were very well behaved and are a skillful and friendly team, so there were no issues during the game.
Maybe that's just because they won.
Random roadkill

Will_
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Will_ »

Whispers wrote:Unley United A's Played Maiwand A's in the cup game on Sunday, and we had a very good match losing 3-4.

Maiwand were very well behaved and are a skillful and friendly team, so there were no issues during the game.

PAC played the 'reserves' and their supporters were being quite inappropriate, even staying at our home ground after their win to heckle our A's players who played Maiwand while they were drinking; not a great representative example for PAC.
Sounds like sour grapes to me, mate. I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion we stacked our B Grade considering we already had fifteen players tied to the A's after our game on Saturday against South Coast?

You asked us to leave and we did so almost immediately, even after you resorted to name calling. If you'd bothered to put on a barbecue you might have even made some money off of us.

Regardless, good luck for the season ahead and all the best to everyone down at Unley.
Last edited by Will_ on Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wunkar Fox
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Wunkar Fox »

There's nothing wrong with heckling. As a player I thrived on it.
Random roadkill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Whispers wrote:
That's disgusting. They stayed around drinking and having a laugh. They should have gone straight home to bed with some cocoa.

pridept
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by pridept »

Whispers wrote:Unley United A's Played Maiwand A's in the cup game on Sunday, and we had a very good match losing 3-4.

My name is Thomas Haering and i am the Head Coach of PAFC. Any comments made on a public form towards my club and more specific towards my players is not a great representative example for Unley United[/u]. Arriving at your home ground, which does not offer change rooms to the opposition team, is not a great representative example for Unley United. Whilst your team was sitting under a gazebo in the shade, we not even had chairs (for coach and subs) to sit on, offered by your club. Again not a great representative example for Unley United. Your uneven marking of the pitch and not providing a technical area ( a requirement for any amateur club) not a great representative example for Unley United.

Your club accusing PAFC of staking the team, is a personal attack towards me as the Head Coach. Maybe if your reserves coach would have spent less time on his mobile phone, and actually coaching his team, maybe the outcome would have been a bit different. Maybe if your team puts in as much hard work as my boys at training, they would have not run out of legs after 10 minutes and maybe the outcome would have been a bit different. Before you accusing us of cheating, which by the way is not a great representative example for Unley United, i am more than happy to provide you with a copy of our senior squad (played on Saturday) and you will see we had an extra player on the bench. No offence, but there is and never will be the need for PAFC to "stack" any of our teams, playing and Unley United team.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

I thought if only one changing room is available it had to be offered to the away side.

You Too
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by You Too »

No change room
No shade
No chairs
No heckling
No BBQ
No drinking

did they have ball?

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

God is an Englishman wrote:I thought if only one changing room is available it had to be offered to the away side.
correct....

Knight15
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Knight15 »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Whispers wrote:
That's disgusting. They stayed around drinking and having a laugh. They should have gone straight home to bed with some cocoa.

Lol, hope Unley don't get a Downs or a Gardens or even a Knights in the next round, we all drink and heckle

Oops they can't both teams are out
Are you Bodo in disguise?

Hatchet Squad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hatchet Squad »

Looking forward to the 22nd of May. Bring your banter Unley because when we're not heckling our own reserve players, we're invariably heckling the opposition :D
“Well done lad, but remember, you’re still only half as good as I was” – Dixie Dean to Bob Latchford after his 30th league goal in ’78

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Someone call the whambulance for Unley ....

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Where do Unley play?

Will_
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Will_ »

God is an Englishman wrote:Where do Unley play?
Urrbrae High School