Results 21/22 July

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

LeftRightOut
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Results 21/22 July

Post by LeftRightOut »

St Peters 2 Wanderers 2

Reserves game was abandoned after 15 mins due to Wanderers player breaking his leg.

KING MOOMOO
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by KING MOOMOO »

Gryphons v BOSA

A Teams 1 - 1

B Teams 1 - 0

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Saturday Division Two

Post by Missing Post Count »

Firsts: Comets 1 Africa Allstars 7
Reserves: Comets 1 Africa Allstars 5

anfieldboy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Results 21/22 July

Post by anfieldboy »

LeftRightOut wrote:St Peters 2 Wanderers 2

Reserves game was abandoned after 15 mins due to Wanderers player breaking his leg.
poor bugger!

although, why would the game then be abandoned? wouldnt the ambo's come and whisk him off to the hospital and a substitute player take his position on the field??
i dont say this to be offensive or disrespectful but just curious?
i've seen even in junior games, young guys breaking arms or wrists and getting taken to emergency while the game goes on...
"Steven Gerrard sets himseeeeeeelf...oh what a goal, what a goal, what a goal by Stevie Gerrard, its 3-3..."

LeftRightOut
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by LeftRightOut »

It was probably about 30 mins from the time it happened until the Ambulence took him away. Too much time lost and nobody felt like playing on after that. I'm sure with upper body breaks the games go on since the player can just be walked off the field straight away.

anfieldboy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by anfieldboy »

too true, i guess you're right

hope the guy has a speedy recovery..

ps. pathetic by the ambulance service to take half an hour - i know they see a broken bone as a "low-risk" incident but bloody hell the guy is still in excruciating pain. it's almost as if they wait around "just in case" somebody thats dying rings through in the meantime because that would then be the priority...
"Steven Gerrard sets himseeeeeeelf...oh what a goal, what a goal, what a goal by Stevie Gerrard, its 3-3..."

LeftRightOut
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by LeftRightOut »

They only took about 15 to turn up, took em 15 to stabalise him etc and get him in to the ambulence.

Bodes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Bodes »

We all play at this level for fun and fitness. We all have jobs and some have families. Never nice to see a major injury occur.

Best of luck in his return.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

anfieldboy wrote:although, why would the game then be abandoned? wouldnt the ambo's come and whisk him off to the hospital and a substitute player take his position on the field??
i dont say this to be offensive or disrespectful but just curious?
i've seen even in junior games, young guys breaking arms or wrists and getting taken to emergency while the game goes on...
When I first read this earlier I also wondered why the game would be abandoned, but refrained from asking because I thought someone would misinterperate it as disrespectful.

I hope he's alright

nico
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by nico »

There was no malice in the tackle, but it was an absolute disgrace. Front on, two footed, studs up, didn't even win the ball. No card or even free kick was given. Both bones in his right leg snapped and he is undergoing surgery as we speak.

As you say Bodes, we all have jobs to go to on Monday. I hope number 5 is better at his job than at playing football, because he was an absolute mug.

Wanderers wanted to play on, however the home ref who is also the St.Peters president, notified us that his boys didn't feel like playing anymore. No wonder... they were absolute shite, knew they were going to get pumped and number 5 knew he would be targeted.

For a club that is so highly regarded... deplorable performance all round.

LeftRightOut
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by LeftRightOut »

Nico I can understand that your upset about your player getting hurt but that post is a complete joke. Don't come on here posting crap about our club and saying stuff that simply isn't true.

The tackle was side on and was not 2 footed, whether he got the ball or not I couldn't see from my angle but opinions seemed to be divided on that. Whether he got the ball or not it was a legitimate attempt to tackle and there was no intent to injure, it was just unfortunate what happened. Our number 5 is one of the fairest players going around and was quite upset about it.

Our guys were all saying that it was your guys that didn't want to play on. That's beside the point really anyway as there's not much point continuing a game after it's been stopped for 30 mins.

Anyway everyone at St Peters wishes the guy a full and speedy recovery. Good luck for the rest of the season.

vigilante
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by vigilante »

uni 0 gleeson 0. I think that was gleeson's 4th 0-0 in a row!
Boia chi Molla

Dos Santos
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Dos Santos »

So who gets the points from this game?

Fresh Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Fresh Football »

LeftRightOut wrote:Nico I can understand that your upset about your player getting hurt but that post is a complete joke. Don't come on here posting crap about our club and saying stuff that simply isn't true.

The tackle was side on and was not 2 footed, whether he got the ball or not I couldn't see from my angle but opinions seemed to be divided on that. Whether he got the ball or not it was a legitimate attempt to tackle and there was no intent to injure, it was just unfortunate what happened. Our number 5 is one of the fairest players going around and was quite upset about it.

Our guys were all saying that it was your guys that didn't want to play on. That's beside the point really anyway as there's not much point continuing a game after it's been stopped for 30 mins.

Anyway everyone at St Peters wishes the guy a full and speedy recovery. Good luck for the rest of the season.
From where I was standing, it seemed a reasonable challenge as it was there to tackle, but it didn't seem intentional to break a leg.

Having said that, the ref aka the president came over and said to the Wanderers boys "I'm calling the game off, they don't want to play anymore" We saw one St Peters player already changed and heading off before we knew the game was off. A full 45 minute second half could have been played quite easily if not a few extra minutes on top of that.
Hope Andy gets well soon, a big loss for the Wanderers - the game should be replayed...
Adelaide Wanderers
2005 COLLEGIATE CUP CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 A
2006 DIVISIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 B
2008 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 1 A
2008 CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS
2013 CHALLENGE CUP QUARTER FINALISTS
http://www.adelaidewanderers.com

Fresh Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Fresh Football »

I think both sides (St Peters & Wanderers) would agree that the a's ref "Kieth" - old dude, white hair & white beard is way too old to ref and really ruined what would have been a cracker... Some one send him to juniors or something :roll:
Adelaide Wanderers
2005 COLLEGIATE CUP CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 A
2006 DIVISIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 B
2008 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 1 A
2008 CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS
2013 CHALLENGE CUP QUARTER FINALISTS
http://www.adelaidewanderers.com

bigfella
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by bigfella »

Stirling 3 Sturt 0

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

west beach 6 adelaide pumas 0 reserves

Hammer Down Under
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Vikings v Raptors.

Post by Hammer Down Under »

Vikings B 2
Raptors B 1

Vikings A 0
Raptors A 3
I don't think I'll ever marry again, next time I'll just find a woman I hate and buy her a house !! - Rod Stewart.

Cocaine_Dave
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Cocaine_Dave »

vigilante wrote:uni 0 gleeson 0. I think that was gleeson's 4th 0-0 in a row!
Gleeson drew 1-1 with gryphons last round you chardonnay

gunther
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by gunther »

sun div 1:

inter 5-1 easties
downs 2-0 westies
fulham 3-1 vale
lion 3-3 farm
wandering in a bolton wonderland

King Ledley
Star Player
Star Player

Post by King Ledley »

Bosna vs Brahma Lodge

B's 2-4

A's 1-1

in the A's game there were no fights :lol:
Tromsø wrote:they've just put the 5th one in and the crowd is now giving it the 'are you arsenal in disguise?'

Hammer Down Under
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Hammer Down Under »

Berbatov wrote:Bosna vs Brahma Lodge

B's 2-4

A's 1-1

Excellent work Berbatov, what about the B's ?
I don't think I'll ever marry again, next time I'll just find a woman I hate and buy her a house !! - Rod Stewart.

Hosovac
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hosovac »

Div 2 Croatia 4 TTG 0.

Great refereeing again...TTG take a penalty, sky it over the bar "ohhh bad luck mate, have another go for no faaarking reason other than lets screw these Croats again". :roll: Retard had the second effort saved, and skyed the rebound. Ref should have taken it for him. :wink:

Croatia's dominance was such that even with 10 men they managed to put away a fourth. Well done boys.

B's TTG won 3.1 I think.

vigilante
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by vigilante »

Gleeson drew 1-1 with gryphons last round
just going on what my opponent told me post match! :?
Boia chi Molla

King Ledley
Star Player
Star Player

Post by King Ledley »

Hammer Down Under wrote:
Berbatov wrote:Bosna vs Brahma Lodge

B's 2-4

A's 1-1

Excellent work Berbatov, what about the B's ?

ummm no fights there either, it was actually a pretty entertaining game, BL went up 3-0, bosna brought it back to 3-2 and looked like they were about to get atleast a draw, but then that very quick forward for BL ( either that or Bosna are unfit lol) scored again to make it 4-2, oh and one of the BL players looked like he got into a fight with a lawnmoer :lol:
Tromsø wrote:they've just put the 5th one in and the crowd is now giving it the 'are you arsenal in disguise?'

LeftRightOut
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by LeftRightOut »

Sirslapsalot wrote:
LeftRightOut wrote:Nico I can understand that your upset about your player getting hurt but that post is a complete joke. Don't come on here posting crap about our club and saying stuff that simply isn't true.

From where I was standing, it seemed a reasonable challenge as it was there to tackle, but it didn't seem intentional to break a leg.

Having said that, the ref aka the president came over and said to the Wanderers boys "I'm calling the game off, they don't want to play anymore" We saw one St Peters player already changed and heading off before we knew the game was off. A full 45 minute second half could have been played quite easily if not a few extra minutes on top of that.
Hope Andy gets well soon, a big loss for the Wanderers - the game should be replayed...
Fair enough I obviously wasn't there to hear what was said to you guys but whether the game was resumed or not is not that big of an issue surely. If your still in the title hunt down the track I'm sure the game will be replayed.

The main thing is Nico's description of the tackle was way off base and his bad mouthing of our club and our player is unwarranted.

I agree with you though that Ref is pretty ordinary, he doesn't have much control over the game. Still it's better than no ref at all.

King Ledley
Star Player
Star Player

Post by King Ledley »

anyone know how Elizabeth Grove went

DiCanio???

leftfoot10
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by leftfoot10 »

West Beach v Adelaide Omania
C's West Beach 2 - 1 win. Well done boys 3 in a row!!

West Beach V Pumas
B's West Beach 6-0 win. Could of been alot more but for rushed shots. With the goals that were scored well taken.

A's Puma's 2-1 win. Pumas came to play & played well.

All 3 games played in great spirit.

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

what about ma hawks v monarchs?

N8? you usually post the results here by end of sat where are you???

somebloke
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by somebloke »

leftfoot10 wrote: West Beach V Pumas
B's West Beach 6-0 win. Could of been alot more but for rushed shots. With the goals that were scored well taken.

A's Puma's 2-1 win. Pumas came to play & played well.

All 3 games played in great spirit.
Wasn't the B's 4-0?

Then again, i kind of lost track with all the shots... :wink:
Last edited by somebloke on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.