Ross Taylor

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Ross Taylor

Post by Jay Walking »

I know he checks on here so he might answer this but how has he gone since his come back from the knee injury. Big injury to get over but he is a very good player.

CR7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by CR7 »

played on sunday after havin a few weeks off 1 the penatly for us

Lion Tamer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lion Tamer »

He did win the penalty on Sunday, but really didn't impress me too much. I hadn't seen him play before and from the talk I expected a lot more. He did find himself in a couple of dangerous positions only to push ball too far with first touch straight to me.
Perhaps didnt get same service as he was used to with Bert missing out of the midfield and no nod downs from Reevesy.
Perhaps knee stopping some turning ability and may have lost a yard of pace ?? I know my blistering speed has come down a notch or 2 since having knee surgery 2 years ago :lol: . Or maybe its my age. Not sure. :lol:

mightyreds
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mightyreds »

Definately your age Lion Tamer but you are still very hard to beat in the sticks...

How has Childsy been playing?
We are Liverpool Football Club and the expectations are so high.
Steven Gerrard

Lion Tamer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lion Tamer »

Thanks Centrals Boy! ( If I guess right )

Childsy definitely looks good on the ball. Probably took a little bit of time against USC Lion to gel with the team and get used to being closed down quickly. Against the Downs had a top game. Lots of long attacking runs and delivery of theshort and long ball is quality. Will look good in goals next year! :lol:

Rexie
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Rexie »

Ross has been going quite well. He has returned quicker than normal from an ACL reconstruction so getting the confidence back is certainly something he is lacking a bit. Think the service he recieved on the weekend was good, even without our tall timbers. He did look dangerous in some situations. But Flourina did certainly defend well. As we did I think.

I dont think Childsey was that great on the weekend. as for time to gel into a club, he should be use to that by now. Just ask him to show you his club jacket collection. And I would be very confident in him not being out there next year... at least for the start.

nachoman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by nachoman »

he'll be at the downs next year 8)

downsboynow
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by downsboynow »

RT here, the leg is feeling great, i've done heaps of re-hab on it but it's still early days.

As long as the downs win this year & I get to the end of the season in one peice then all is good. By next season I should be back to top gear, but for now I'll just make do with what I've got.

Catchya around the traps soon.

OldRedback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by OldRedback »

downsboynow wrote:RT here, the leg is feeling great, i've done heaps of re-hab on it but it's still early days.

As long as the downs win this year & I get to the end of the season in one peice then all is good. By next season I should be back to top gear, but for now I'll just make do with what I've got.

Heard that you got dropped from the Over 35s team?

CR7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by CR7 »

OldRedback wrote:
downsboynow wrote:RT here, the leg is feeling great, i've done heaps of re-hab on it but it's still early days.

ahaha average that game :D

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Olympic (Vista) Bhoy »

OldRedback wrote:

Oldredback are you "DL" by any chance?

Cantona Seven
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Cantona Seven »

Rexie wrote:Ross has been going quite well. He has returned quicker than normal from an ACL reconstruction so getting the confidence back is certainly something he is lacking a bit. Think the service he recieved on the weekend was good, even without our tall timbers. He did look dangerous in some situations. But Flourina did certainly defend well. As we did I think.

I dont think Childsey was that great on the weekend. as for time to gel into a club, he should be use to that by now. Just ask him to show you his club jacket collection. And I would be very confident in him not being out there next year... at least for the start.
:roll:

OldRedback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by OldRedback »

Vista_Bhoy wrote:
OldRedback wrote:

Oldredback are you "DL" by any chance?
No