july 7/8 results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

What a disappointing reasult by the east yesterday. We really needed that one, but against a full farm squad it was never going to be easy. With suspensions to A. Saggs and Aitken and the sunday morning pull out of Ingham it was always going to be a tough day out there for us. I would have loved to have had our full strength side out there. It would have made it very different i think. But Farm took control early and definatley played the better football on the day. They deserved the win and good luck to them for the year. Gee that pitch is an absolute prick though!! I could barley run up that bloody hill in that thick mud in the second half.
Full credit to a good farm side though. Hoping the tittle challenge isn't over for us yet though. Many tough games ahead for everyone!!

LeBron
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by LeBron »

Football_lad wrote:D's - Greenock 3-0 Vista
C's - Vista 6-3 Northern United
B's - ISC Raptors 2-2 Vista
A's - ISC Raptors 4-2 Vista

Pathetic refereeing in both a's and bs today away at ISC... ISC raptor was a blatant cheat allowing a raptors goal in the last ten minutes that was clearly at least 1.5 meters offside even after the linesman flagged... think he needs to brush up on the rulebook too! At the end of the day, Vista should have come away with three points even without this goal... scoreline should have been 5-1 really but way too many chances wasted.

A's referee was atrocious from the outset. giving many soft free kicks and lost control of the game early. Think he started to give the 50-50 balls against us coz of some mouthing off which was to be expected with a dismal display.

Vista will live another day! :cry:

I'm sorry but I can't help myself!!!!!!

I know a few other people have written some things on this game already but I have to put my 2 cents in.

Football Lad.....what the shiraz are you on!!!

B's Game: Glad you mention that the goal that you guys scored was offside by 2mt and the HOME ref OVER RULED OUR HOME LINESMAN to give the goal......you must of not seen that hey mate!!!!!!!

I agree with you in the A's game........you got screwed by the ref big time.....In the first half the Raptors scored 2 goals, hit the cross bar, hit the post, had 2 cleared off the line and missed a one on one with the keeper(That he saved).........this all resulting from bad refereeing!!!!..........Yeah Right!!!

The funniest thing of all was your keeper.....the poor guy got a yellow card 1 min B4 half time for bad language.........maybe on of your supports from the sideline should pay for his yellow :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm with drmandm...
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:48 pm Post subject:

I was waiting for some excuse from the vista vs raptors game. When a team gets outplayed and beaten fair and square......just accept it and say it wasnt your day. When raptors got done by pontians a few weeks ago , we accepted we got done by a betta team, no question fair and square! you can blame whoever you like but it wont change the score.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

@ LFC8

now that you got that off your chest (your points are all valid), can you explain 2 things

1 - the powers form??

2 - born and raised a torpedo kick from the 'Parade', how did you feel seeing the AFL team you support wearing the 'prison bar' guernsey?? :lol:

LeBron
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by LeBron »

Vista09 wrote:
mackem in blue wrote:
carra23 wrote:
Football_lad wrote: Pathetic refereeing in both a's and bs today away at ISC... ISC raptor was a blatant cheat.

A's referee was atrocious from the outset. giving many soft free kicks and lost control of the game early. Think he started to give the 50-50 balls against us coz of some mouthing off which was to be expected with a dismal display.

Vista will live another day! :cry:

reserves were simply not good enough to take the chances that we created in the first 25 minutes of the first half, went into the break 1-0 down with the ref having had a good half despite their goal. they were both gimmes. the first one was a blatant foul with their player reaching over and pulling the defender out of the way. the referee claimed "i didnt see it". the second was clearly offside. ISC goalkeeper played very well but was the only stand out i thought. vista created many chances and had they been put away the poor referee decisions wouldnt have been a factor. 4 set pieces within shooting distance of the goal over the course of the game all went to waste.[/b]
Believe it was 1 all at half time. Benny J with that equaliser that was offside.
That was in the second half mate!!!

It was 1-nil Raptors at half time.

LeBron
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by LeBron »

MegaBonus wrote:@ LFC8

now that you got that off your chest (your points are all valid), can you explain 2 things

1 - the powers form??

2 - born and raised a torpedo kick from the 'Parade', how did you feel seeing the AFL team you support wearing the 'prison bar' guernsey?? :lol:
1- Bit like the Cows form....up & down. But it's what I was expecting...When 1/2 to 3/4's of your team is a bunch of kids your form will be up and down.....I'm happy with what's happening down there.

2- I have NO problems with that......It's called history 8)

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

LFC8 wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:@ LFC8

1 - the powers form??

1- Bit like the Cows form....up & down. But it's what I was expecting...When 1/2 to 3/4's of your team is a bunch of kids your form will be up and down.....I'm happy with what's happening down there.

2- I have NO problems with that......It's called history 8)
I think you'll find that 76% of your team (16 players) are over the age of 24 and thats not including Wakelin. I'm getting sick of Port using the we are playing kids excuse. At least the Crows can admit they weren't good enough at times.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Pull your head in you white collared chardonnay drinking fruitingle nimwad.

You wont win anything without basset in defence, wait till we inflict some injury in a few weeks

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

geeeez!!! so much for passion for the round ball!!!

i throw 1 comment out there and this thread turns its attention to the egg ball!!!! :lol: :lol:

**NERAZZURRI**
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by **NERAZZURRI** »

they should set up a forum called the "poor bloke modbury vista" where everyone can log in have a winge (like they did sunday for both the games and even after the game) have a cry, wipe each others eyes with tissues and make themselves feel better and avois the point that the results from sunday were more than fair, in the b's the refereeing was fine, some questioanble descisions but in the end they evened out so that was not an issue, sorry modbury but kicking long balls into the mixer, trying 40 metre through balls and mis hit crosses that hit the crossbar by accident dont classify as dominating a game, it means that ur garb, not to mention all the little 18 yr old twats in ur team that proclaimed to be tough men but the moment they get it back as hard as they gave it there was a sudden outrage and uproar, what a joke i enjoy taking points from teams like that, biggest bunch of wankas we have played by a mile.

The A's game, well 4-2 was a flattering socreline for vista, u's had the piss taken out of u, it was a football clinic in the 1st half, when the central defenders and taking the piss by dribbling around u's and making u's look stupid thats when u know ur rubbish, u's did play better in the 2nd half (it was hard not to after the 1st half) and only probably because we stopped trying. To say u's deserved a result HAHAHAHA r u for real. U's got the yellow cards cause u's were getting played of the park certain members of ur team had to go out there and be dirty. the ref was completly fine and its just another excuse to add to the others.

in terms of ur comments in the b's regarding our injured player and rubbing marinade on his leg after the shiraz with went studs up on him, id rather have decent food rather than the baked beans left over from last night. I know we dissapointed u that there were no pie floaters or vegemite sandwhiches but some clubs take pride in what they serve.

In summary u's came to the game (especially the b's) and acted as if it u had some god given right to just come here and win. well 1 point from six isnt bad is it now is it.

Lion Tamer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lion Tamer »

marooned wrote:alm1 said
florina disallowed 2 goals
they were not goals then were they,

Downs were denied a free kick when R Taylor was brought down when clear through about to go 1 on 1 with the keeper. Florina player should have been sent off. Mr Braithwaite misses plenty for both teams.

Downs played well without twin towers Reeves and Fuda.

Overall Downs deserved the win.
1st of all well done to the Downs. Don't want this to seem like sour grapes, I'd take the points as well!!, but I've never been so P@#$%^& off with the referee after a game. Definitely cost us the game.

As for keeper being blocked, the first corner of the game for the Downs I was checked by Butler and stopped me getting a run at the ball. No free kick. ( didnt expect one, that happens all day all over the park ) Elliott was standing perfectly still when Hullsy came out and crashed the pack. What is he supposed to do? Move out the way and let him grab it?

The 2nd disallowed goal was for offside. may have been, may not have been. Obviously a little hard to tell from my angle. But the ball looped over everyone, bounced, went through Hullsy's hands and into the net. No one was interfering with the play. In my opinion ( which counts for nothing now ) goal should have stood.

Thirdly their penalty...... Ref said " You pulled his shirt " to our sweeper. Players dont leap off the ground , do a triple summersault with a twist and recieve 10's from the judges when your shirt gets pulled. Blacky took penalty well, but even that hit the crossbar and snuck in. Just wasn't meant to be our day.

As for the comment that Downs played well without twin towers, you had a good period for about 15 minutes in 1st half but apart from that didnt create a chance. I felt we were the far better side and but from some average finishing and the Ref's Alzheimer's the result would have gone the other way.

Good luck to the Downs for the rest of the season. Some decent blokes down there deserve some success. ( Motts, Bert, Matty B to name a few)

Chestnut
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Chestnut »

**NERAZZURRI** wrote:they should set up a forum called the "poor bloke modbury vista" where everyone can log in have a winge (like they did sunday for both the games and even after the game) have a cry, wipe each others eyes with tissues and make themselves feel better and avois the point that the results from sunday were more than fair, in the b's the refereeing was fine, some questioanble descisions but in the end they evened out so that was not an issue, sorry modbury but kicking long balls into the mixer, trying 40 metre through balls and mis hit crosses that hit the crossbar by accident dont classify as dominating a game, it means that ur garb, not to mention all the little 18 yr old twats in ur team that proclaimed to be tough men but the moment they get it back as hard as they gave it there was a sudden outrage and uproar, what a joke i enjoy taking points from teams like that, biggest bunch of wankas we have played by a mile.

if you can honestly say that the ref was fine in the A's, i must have been at a different game, he was shocking however didn't alter a result. Flattering result you say...... 2 inside 6 yard box awesome saves by your keeper, 1 goal disallowed, 2 one-to-one missed, not flattering at all. You guys deserved the result but playing against 12 men, think Vista improved 2nd half, the damage by you guys and the ref was set by the end of the first half, hard to come back after a performance like that

The A's game, well 4-2 was a flattering socreline for vista, u's had the piss taken out of u, it was a football clinic in the 1st half, when the central defenders and taking the piss by dribbling around u's and making u's look stupid thats when u know ur rubbish, u's did play better in the 2nd half (it was hard not to after the 1st half) and only probably because we stopped trying. To say u's deserved a result HAHAHAHA r u for real. U's got the yellow cards cause u's were getting played of the park certain members of ur team had to go out there and be dirty. the ref was completly fine and its just another excuse to add to the others.

in terms of ur comments in the b's regarding our injured player and rubbing marinade on his leg after the shiraz with went studs up on him, id rather have decent food rather than the baked beans left over from last night. I know we dissapointed u that there were no pie floaters or vegemite sandwhiches but some clubs take pride in what they serve.

In summary u's came to the game (especially the b's) and acted as if it u had some god given right to just come here and win. well 1 point from six isnt bad is it now is it.
The guy formerly known as "Sweet Mate Productions"

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

**NERAZZURRI** wrote:they should set up a forum called the "poor bloke modbury vista" where everyone can log in have a winge (like they did sunday for both the games and even after the game) have a cry, wipe each others eyes with tissues and make themselves feel better and avois the point that the results from sunday were more than fair, in the b's the refereeing was fine, some questioanble descisions but in the end they evened out so that was not an issue, sorry modbury but kicking long balls into the mixer, trying 40 metre through balls and mis hit crosses that hit the crossbar by accident dont classify as dominating a game, it means that ur garb, not to mention all the little 18 yr old twats in ur team that proclaimed to be tough men but the moment they get it back as hard as they gave it there was a sudden outrage and uproar, what a joke i enjoy taking points from teams like that, biggest bunch of wankas we have played by a mile.

You make many, many good points Nerrazurri. But it was very difficult reading as there were so many grammatical error in your writing. If you are going to write such a long winded commentary, please could you make it easier to read in future. As a suggestion, you could try taking English 101 course at your local TAFE.

But thank you for your wonderful report and good luck at TAFE. See you next season and please come up and introduce yourself.
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains". Bill Shankly

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Happy Kopite, what do expect from someone who comes straight from the hood in Inglewood, California?!?!?

sutrah
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Bosna.......Ohh so quite today

Post by sutrah »

Congrats to my fellow Payneham Postel teammates for Sundays 2-0 win over Bosna. We played a hard fought game and we deserved our win. Bosna seemed as though they thought it was going to be an easy win for them, BUT you should never underestimate your opposition (e.g Australia v Oman 1-1).

Just curious.........a few weeks back Bosna were claiming to be the best team in the Sunday Amateur league........so does that make us the best team in the Amateur League now?

Also, passion from the sidelines is one thing but spectators who repeatedly use foul language, spit on opposition players and try to cause a fight after the game are not required in our league.
Bosna, sort out your spectators because its beyond a joke now.

Anyway, kudos to the Bosna players that stayed back after the game for a drink.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Re: Bosna.......Ohh so quite today

Post by Missing Post Count »

sutrah wrote: Bosna, sort out your spectators because its beyond a joke now.

I won't specify Bosna because I've never been to one of their games, but in general when there are problems (?) it's usually the "fans" on the side and not the players on the park. A bit of banter is rather enjoyable but when someone takes it too far it ruins the occasion for everyone.

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

MegaBonus wrote:i think you forgot to mention that at 2-0 (inside the first 20 min) the raptors hit the crossbar and you blokes cleared off the line!!!!

i think vista people on the forum (like some others in the area) cant accept that we have taken max points from them!!!!

every now then its ok to say...'you know what, they were the better team and outplayed us".... like we did after the pontians game (and have been better for it).
its a close comp, every team deserves every other teams respect!!!!!!!

then ask a player to take his wedding ring off, shocking, ill leave it at that
yeahhhh.... cause the above incident cost you the game!!!!!!! :roll: :roll:
He was just saying it was stupid never said it cost us and if you actually read the post he also wrote, weel done to the raptors, you desrved the win we know that but doesn't take away how bad ref was, you would of one either way stop trying to start arguments!! You are all a good bunch of lads except no 10 who has his head so far up his ass its not funny. Would be a great player if he just played instead of talking shite all day, no one cares if he is karate kid he's a tool.
DIVING:
Admition of defeat
Pure cheating
RUINS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!

mackem in blue
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mackem in blue »

ooh me oh my well well ha ha, funny stuff. our striker got brought down by the last man in the second half with the scoreline at 2-2 and the offender was awarded a yellow card for his actions. doesnt this warrant a red? how do you give a player a yellow card for throwing the ball in too far down the line and a second yellow for a challenge that won the ball, and call it "even"? B's should have had the game won in the first 30 minutes regardless of the crap refereeing. had two of your players agree with me at the end of the game that the ref in the first half was fair but the second half had an absolute shocker. as soon as we equalised the poor decisions started. thought the old bloke that played centre midfield (said he was a teacher) was quite a good, fair, hard player, created everything that looked good for you in the second half. thought the food was quality, thanks lads. thought the so called "support from our "supporters" in the a's game was poor. heard them bag our players, your players and the referee, very disappointing. as i said in my first post, had we finished the chances we created, the referees decisions wouldnt have made a difference. dont think its fair to single out vista when it comes to whinging about referees, read posts from many people from many clubs this year complaining about the poor standard, unfortunately as a reserves player you have to realise you are never going to have a top notch ref. goodluck to raptors for the rest of the year.
"I firmly believe that any mans finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear...... Is that moment when he has played his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the filed of battle....Victorious"

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

Sutrah,

You're absolutely right, after slow starts and a struggle to find form, the win was just what the boys wanted, needed and DESERVED. Well done to Bosna for their efforts, countless number of shots but that's football i guess.

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

LFTWNG11 wrote:Happy Kopite, what do expect from someone who comes straight from the hood in Inglewood, California?!?!?
I dont know. These "Homies" are just ruining the Queens English. I think he's more likely from Nor-wood, SA.
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains". Bill Shankly

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

mackem in blue Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:20 pm Post subject:

thought the old bloke that played centre midfield (said he was a teacher) was quite a good, fair, hard player, created everything that looked good for you in the second half.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Im not that old!!!!

i dont think anyone in an official capacity with the raptors is having a dig (there are some on here whose identity is not known), its just that the club works hard to build a positive image (like most clubs do) and the first thing some of your boys on here do is have a go at the ref (who once again over ruled our linesman on an off-side decision an then you scored - i bet that doesnt happen too often!!).

what counts is that the coaches got together for a drink with players and the ISC committee played the perfect hosts!!!!!

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

Happy Kopite wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:Happy Kopite, what do expect from someone who comes straight from the hood in Inglewood, California?!?!?
I dont know. These "Homies" are just ruining the Queens English. I think he's more likely from Nor-wood, SA.
the streets of Norwood are just as dangerous if your wearing the wrong colours, mainly black and white :wink:

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Pontians 3
Croatia 1

was 1-1 at half time and the player/coach of Croatia was sent off for his second bookable offence, first one for mouthing off at the ref second blantant challage on our striker. Scored second goal and then things got a little nasty with more silly challengers and more yellow cards. second player sent off for second bookable offence and the a substitute didnt get a freekick so he thought he would take out the next Pontian player near a ball a got himself sent off with a straight red. Their coach wanted his players to walk off at this stage score was 3-1 with about 10 min to go. Then another Croatian player sent off , 2 yellow,for kicking the ball away after freekick awarded to Pontians( why do that we your 3-1 downand the ref is giving cards away like their Mc Donalds valchours ). Then Croatian coach told players to walk off which they did. I thought the ref was OK all cards were there and he allowed for the play to continue if there was an advantage in play or he brought it back if there wasnt.

Funny thing is he was the same ref we had against the Southern Knights in the first game so we knew he was tempramental and we made a note to keep our mouths shut. he has refed us for 2 games this year and not one has finshed in normal time!

**NERAZZURRI**
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by **NERAZZURRI** »

yeah its a rough place norwood, i went out for coffee there last night and i looked away from my table for 2 seconds and my sugar sachet went missing. then when i walked back to my car i nearly got hit by a 16 year old in his dads car cause he had the seat so far back it looked like the car was driving itself, luckily all the car windows were down and 50 cent was playing so it alerted me to the fact he was coming, but u know u cant choose where u grow up, u just have to play with the hand u r dealt, roll with the punches etc

mackem in blue
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mackem in blue »

**NERAZZURRI** wrote:yeah its a rough place norwood, i went out for coffee there last night and i looked away from my table for 2 seconds and my sugar sachet went missing. then when i walked back to my car i nearly got hit by a 16 year old in his dads car cause he had the seat so far back it looked like the car was driving itself, luckily all the car windows were down and 50 cent was playing so it alerted me to the fact he was coming, but u know u cant choose where u grow up, u just have to play with the hand u r dealt, roll with the punches etc
:lol: :lol: :lol: Pure Gold :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I firmly believe that any mans finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear...... Is that moment when he has played his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the filed of battle....Victorious"

**NERAZZURRI**
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by **NERAZZURRI** »

mackem that yellow card for the throw in wasnt really there,but really who gives a F*k about it, it didnt make not one bit of difference to the game, the other incident u were talking about happened way to far out to be a red card, they guy was on the wing and he wasnt even the last man, a good professional foul if you asked me, an older and less fast player using his brain againt a faster opponent, a fair result in the end, the refreeing was fine and our ref is very fair. your team was just dirty and had to resort to bad tackles and it was u's got all that u deserved

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

**NERAZZURRI** wrote:yeah its a rough place norwood, i went out for coffee there last night and i looked away from my table for 2 seconds and my sugar sachet went missing. then when i walked back to my car i nearly got hit by a 16 year old in his dads car cause he had the seat so far back it looked like the car was driving itself, luckily all the car windows were down and 50 cent was playing so it alerted me to the fact he was coming, but u know u cant choose where u grow up, u just have to play with the hand u r dealt, roll with the punches etc
Well your grammar is definitely improving. Only a handful of errors in this entry. Tip of the day.... If you use the shift key, you can get capital letters for words at the begining of sentences.

My score - 5/10

Keep up the good work Nera..
Last edited by Happy Kopite on Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

@ neraazzurri

your identity has me thinking :shock:

would you say you are a frequent visitor to a hairdressing salon in order to change the colour of your hair????? :wink:
Last edited by MegaBonus on Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeBron
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by LeBron »

Happy Kopite wrote:
Well your grammar is definitely improving. Only a handful of errors in this entry. Tip of the day.... If you use the shift key, you can get capital letters for words at the begining of sentences.

My score - 5/10

Keep us the good work Nera..
What's that meant to mean?????

My tip of the day....If your going to pay someone out......make sure you get your shyt together first!!!!...DC

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Bosna.......Ohh so quite today

Post by Jay Walking »

sutrah wrote:Congrats to my fellow Payneham Postel teammates for Sundays 2-0 win over Bosna. We played a hard fought game and we deserved our win. Bosna seemed as though they thought it was going to be an easy win for them, BUT you should never underestimate your opposition (e.g Australia v Oman 1-1).

Just curious.........a few weeks back Bosna were claiming to be the best team in the Sunday Amateur league........so does that make us the best team in the Amateur League now?
Also, passion from the sidelines is one thing but spectators who repeatedly use foul language, spit on opposition players and try to cause a fight after the game are not required in our league.
Bosna, sort out your spectators because its beyond a joke now.

Thats a good point. Well done Payneham, might have to play you guys in a pre season game to try and take the title off you. Well done though, always hard to beat Bosna because of the external influences. Was Dave Bailey out watching that game?

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

Nah, Dave Bailey has disappeared off the face of the Payneham/Postel pitch. If you see him, tell that bald dinosaur Chris says Hi :)