USC LION vs BRAHMA underlights at Grange Reserve this FRIDAY

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Who will win??

USC LION
75%
BRAHMA
25%

Total votes: 24

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

USC LION vs BRAHMA underlights at Grange Reserve this FRIDAY

Post by Redders »

The Amateur Cup round is now kicking off on Friday night..

The game was originally schedule for Sunday at Brahma Lodge, but now its on Friday. I think kick off is at 7:30pm I'll confirm that by tommorow. COme down and have a look. Bar will be open, all be it 50 meters from the ground haha.

Should be a good game. Having never seen Brahma play before I'll predict us winning 4-1. 8)

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

Redders I think you will win but I feel it will be much closer than 4-1, I predict 3-2

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Dicanio wrote:Redders I think you will win but I feel it will be much closer than 4-1, I predict 3-2
Yeh, I dunno that was the first score that came to mind. I have no idea really, just know that were starting to play some decent football.

Brown paper bag crew
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Brown paper bag crew »

I like your confidence Redders

Brahma 7-1 :lol:

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Brown paper bag crew wrote:I like your confidence Redders

Are you coming now that the game is played on Friday? Are you playing or just an interested onlooker? If you are might have to catch up for a beer..

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

Brown paper bag crew wrote:I like your confidence Redders

There is only one div4 team that's been scoring 7 goals plus most weeks and it aint Brahma :lol:

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Just looked at the top goal scorers Mark Beck ey... he will be watched closely. :lol:

Brown paper bag crew
Squad Player
Squad Player

True Dicanio, except of course against us! The way we have been going we couldnt score 7 goals even if they played 300 minute games. But sooner or later they will start going in!

Redders, im pretty confident I wont be playing, unless there is a few injuries from sundays game. I will try and get there to watch though, but it wont be until close to half time. You'll notice me, Im the one with a posse of dudes with brown paper bags following me. You know Becky?

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Brown paper bag crew wrote:True Dicanio, except of course against us! The way we have been going we couldnt score 7 goals even if they played 300 minute games. But sooner or later they will start going in!

Redders, im pretty confident I wont be playing, unless there is a few injuries from sundays game. I will try and get there to watch though, but it wont be until close to half time. You'll notice me, Im the one with a posse of dudes with brown paper bags following me. You know Becky?
Nah I dont know Becky...just know he's scored half your goals. I'll be the managers assistant and inform him of this haha. Yeh im out injured as ive probably already mentioned.
Last edited by Redders on Wed May 10, 2006 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

redders, u will kill barhma!

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Becky used to play with PHE. Good player if he's on his game. Can definately score some goals. Played wide for us but i would guess he will be in the middle of the park or up front. I don't know much about brahma, but im guessing he'll be their best player. Get someone to razz him up and he'll get put off his game. Although Brahma are known for their all in brawls!!!!!!!!! Good luck and i hope you guys pack a punch. Pardon the pun! :D :D

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

East Boy wrote:Becky used to play with PHE. Good player if he's on his game. Can definately score some goals. Played wide for us but i would guess he will be in the middle of the park or up front. I don't know much about brahma, but im guessing he'll be their best player. Get someone to razz him up and he'll get put off his game. Although Brahma are known for their all in brawls!!!!!!!!! Good luck and i hope you guys pack a punch. Pardon the pun! :D :D
When we played Brahma Becky played up front and scored I think but didn't do much else. Their other striker was much more of a hand full, I think his name is Ross Wilson. They also had a guy in the middle of the park with a shaved head who made a big impact the sweeper was also good. They've got alot more to worry about out there than just Mark Beck.

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

Dicanio wrote:
East Boy wrote:Becky used to play with PHE. Good player if he's on his game. Can definately score some goals. Played wide for us but i would guess he will be in the middle of the park or up front. I don't know much about brahma, but im guessing he'll be their best player. Get someone to razz him up and he'll get put off his game. Although Brahma are known for their all in brawls!!!!!!!!! Good luck and i hope you guys pack a punch. Pardon the pun! :D :D
When we played Brahma Becky played up front and scored I think but didn't do much else. Their other striker was much more of a hand full, I think his name is Ross Wilson. They also had a guy in the middle of the park with a shaved head who made a big impact the sweeper was also good. They've got alot more to worry about out there than just Mark Beck.
If I were you DiCanio I'd be thinking less about Brahma's strikers and more about a certain Sabt Wik, set to terrorise the Grove on Sunday. :D

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

avenell_road wrote:
Dicanio wrote:
If I were you DiCanio I'd be thinking less about Brahma's strikers and more about a certain Sabt Wik, set to terrorise the Grove on Sunday. :D
Sabt Wik's name hasn't popped up in the scorers for the last 3 weeks. Our strikers how ever are the top 2 scorers in the div, we also boast the tightest defense so I think they can worry about us. Avennel you would do well to take some of your own advise and worry about your own game. You maybe in trouble this week away from your bumpy postage stamp of a pitch :twisted:

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

dicanio, the last few years i have played at brahma the pitch has been pretty average. i know there arent too many 'carpet' pitches going around but brahmas would be far from good!

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

sparts wrote:dicanio, the last few years i have played at brahma the pitch has been pretty average. i know there arent too many 'carpet' pitches going around but brahmas would be far from good!
Sparts I was referring to Vista's ground as that's who Avenell plays for.

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

my apologies then dicanio

Brown paper bag crew
Squad Player
Squad Player

Sparts, you play for Munno Para dont you? wouldnt this mean you have only played on our pitch once? Either way I agree, our pitch has been pretty terrible come the middle of winter, thanks to the local twats doing burn outs on the pitch on a saturday night. Hopefully it will hold up a bit better this season as the council has finally put bollards up around it.

Pumped for tonight, 'mon the Brahma!

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

Lion will thump Brahma 5-0. Drago's boys play well at night. What time is kick off?
http://www.edsc.com.au

"It's not how good you are, but how bad you want it"

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

sparts wrote:my apologies then dicanio
No need to apologise. Just mentioned it to avoid confusion :D

web
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by web »

3-1 to Brahma..
You are more than welcome to Bring It On.

HAIL HAIL

Captain Marvel
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Captain Marvel »

Haven't seen Lion; have watched Brahma - very strong with potential to knock many teams out of their stride. It'll go to the wire but have to fancy Lion for a one goal win. Should be a good game too
"If I'd had 11 substitutes at half-time I'd have put them all on"

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

KICK OFF AT 7:30!!!!!

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

USC Lion to win 3-1.

Redders to be a late inclusion in the side, score a hatrick then be
sent off. :wink:

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

yes i play for MP but have played there a few times...played there twice a couple of years ago and have played a friendly there.
we also have the same problem with nobs in cars having fun on our pitches...last yeah someone nailed our goals in a stolen car and then left it sitting in the creek behind our club... pretty clever!

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

uncle cracker wrote:USC Lion to win 3-1.

Redders to be a late inclusion in the side, score a hatrick then be
sent off. :wink:
haha close, but no late inclusions for me i was a spectator for this one....score was 4-2..

Brahma came out pumped and we didnt, a lesson to be learnt there. We scored an early goal which was disallowed for offside,when it wasnt, I was standing right in-line with it. There were other players offside, but the player who set up and scored the goal, clearly came from an onside position. Brahma went down the other end and scored 0-1. It then kicked in to our blokes that this team wasnt going to back down and they got one back, a brilliantly taken goal from a tight angle 1-1. We got another goal before halftime 2-1.

Meanwhile there were a series of yellow cards given to the Brahma players for dissent to the ref. The Brahma supporters were labelling us cheats, when the only one cheating was their linesman who flagged for offside everytime we scored.

Second Half Brahma got one back to make it 2-2. Lion struggled to play good football, but with a few players resting it was still the result we needed. We got the last two goals and that seemed to knock the wind out of their sails. Good game to watch, frustrating at times(wish I was out there :D) Well done to the Brahma boys who gave us a big kick up the arse.

Brown paper bag crew
Squad Player
Squad Player

Redders, that refereeing in the 1st half was absolutely disgraceful, We dont even get it that bad in Div 4, yet this was a 1st div ref! Even your coach and trainer agreed that it was terrible. 2nd half he pulled his head back in, but after handing our players 7 yellows in a 20 minute period the damage had already been done, that rubbish really put us off our game and got you guys back into it. I think the 4-2 scoreline flattered you lads, especially as the last goal was scored in the final minute as we were pushing up for an equaliser, but at the end of the day a loss is a loss and i'll just enjoy the weekends off coming up!

As for your post in another topic, not sure why noone stayed around for a drink and feed? i was on bench but didnt get on, so didnt need to head the 3 k's back to your change rooms. Being that we had a half hour drive to get back to our club and the fact it was already 9:30, i just assume people wanted to head off straight away.

Well done to you lads anyway, and good luck for the rest of the comp

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

What do you expect bpbg you are a mob of physco's :)
I'm very happy to have moved to West Ham, because I can play for a better team than Sheffield Wednesday.
- Paolo Di Canio

Brown paper bag crew
Squad Player
Squad Player

your old man's spreading incorrect rumours my friend!

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

Haha no but seriously you play a very physical game and I think you're going to suffer alot of suspensions this season which could cost you.
I'm very happy to have moved to West Ham, because I can play for a better team than Sheffield Wednesday.
- Paolo Di Canio