USC LION vs BRAHMA underlights at Grange Reserve this FRIDAY

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Who will win??

USC LION
75%
BRAHMA
25%

Total votes: 24

Brown paper bag crew
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Brown paper bag crew »

yeah mate, and we can accept when that happens, but the cards dished out the other night were for dissent due to frustration at non existant free kicks. 1 example is a player of ours cleaned up while standing under the ball waiting to header it. result, free kick to them and our player taken off injured and misses the rest of game. At times it was laughable. Dont want to keep harping on about it though, its been and done. Big match this week across the border at seaford, hopefully we can stop their good run. Would be handy if you guys knocked off el salvos too.

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

Yeah, It's a shame when bad ref's spoil good games, We've all seen it but what can ya do?

We will be looking to beat el salvo's this week and hoping you beat seaford,seaford havn't been tested yet in the league but I notice they copped a battering in the cup.

What did you think of el salvo's b's?
I'm very happy to have moved to West Ham, because I can play for a better team than Sheffield Wednesday.
- Paolo Di Canio

Brown paper bag crew
Squad Player
Squad Player

El salvo's b's were good, few fancy players and couple of old heads, but we had a shocker that day, too many players not putting in 100%. You guys should beat them, just go in hard and you will do them.

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

No probs, cheers for that
I'm very happy to have moved to West Ham, because I can play for a better team than Sheffield Wednesday.
- Paolo Di Canio

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

how did brahma miss out on coming up?both our matches last yr were both fiercly contested and were very close. how is it that plympton managed to get up? i rated brahma over polonia and plympton and both of these came up over brahma!

Brown paper bag crew
Squad Player
Squad Player

Plain and simple Sparts, we screwed up. It one thing to have a good team and play well, its another thing to actually win. Hopefully things will be different this year.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Brown paper bag crew wrote:
1) Redders, that refereeing in the 1st half was absolutely disgraceful, We dont even get it that bad in Div 4, yet this was a 1st div ref! Even your coach and trainer agreed that it was terrible. 2nd half he pulled his head back in, but after handing our players 7 yellows in a 20 minute period the damage had already been done, that rubbish really put us off our game and got you guys back into it. I think the 4-2 scoreline flattered you lads, especially as the last goal was scored in the final minute as we were pushing up for an equaliser, but at the end of the day a loss is a loss and i'll just enjoy the weekends off coming up!

2) As for your post in another topic, not sure why noone stayed around for a drink and feed? i was on bench but didnt get on, so didnt need to head the 3 k's back to your change rooms. Being that we had a half hour drive to get back to our club and the fact it was already 9:30, i just assume people wanted to head off straight away.

Well done to you lads anyway, and good luck for the rest of the comp
1) Never seen that Ref before in Div 1. All the refs in Amatuer league are pretty average since they are Amateur refs. We had a few rough decisions, but yes you had a few yourself. The difference was when we got them, we just got on with the game.

2) :D Its not that far back, haha about 100 metre walk. We could of played at yours it wouldnt have made a difference to us. We normally play on the ground you have to walk across. We just use the one we played on for lights. We are friendly people after the games. Come in for a quick drink and then head back to yours next time :D

Fair play to you guys though, I did say you gave us a big kick up the backside.