Central City Tigers - another one bites the dust?

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Central City Tigers - another one bites the dust?

Post by Aldo Serena »

CCT got done 19-0 by Northern United yesterday, and the SAASL is website shows the Reserves as 2-0 to NU (surely a forfeit). If so, it is the second week in a row that CCT have forfeited their Reserves. From my understanding, a club only forfeit a certain number of games before being kicked out of the league... am I correct?

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

zola
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by zola »

Not sure but CCT are having some serious problems. When we played them they were short in the b's and a few went on and played full game for a's also. Is there a fine for forfeits?

Chopper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Chopper »

I think 19 - 0 is a big enough fine :) :)

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

Sadly reminiscent of Gawler in Div 5 last year... the reserves ended up pulling out and their A's got beaten easily every week.

3lions
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by 3lions »

i have heard they have pulled there b's out of the comp but someone said the other day if the b's forfiet then the a's have to or something along those lines?

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

zola wrote:Not sure but CCT are having some serious problems. When we played them they were short in the b's and a few went on and played full game for a's also. Is there a fine for forfeits?
I am pretty sure there is a fine - how long have CCT been around for?

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

3lions wrote:i have heard they have pulled there b's out of the comp but someone said the other day if the b's forfiet then the a's have to or something along those lines?
That is only in the cup... last year Gawler pulled their reserves but their A's kept playing in Div 5... a frustrating situation last year which left only 6 teams in the reserves and two byes.

Also frustrating for Athelstone B's as we are set to lose a 11-1 win in the reserves over them once they pull them out.

Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by #24 »

Aldo Serena wrote:how long have CCT been around for?
A while now. At least 6 or 7 years I'd say.

I'm quite suprised they have hardly any seniors as they have just started up junior squads down there this year.

Ronnie#10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ronnie#10 »

When i played for Vista a few years ago we struggled every week to fill our B's side in Div 2. Back then we just lost 2-0 each week and it didnt have any bearing on our A squad. Maybe things have changed now im not sure?