Sun Div 2 results and comments

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Gamoto mouni
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Gamoto mouni »

fair point

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

early days. Limnos has played 5 and won 3 of them. There will more good teams to play as there will be more rubbish teams to play. :shock:

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Agree with the call of being to early, the fact that teams are playing well and getting results cannot be ignored and a few teams have exceptional players in there squad but it is amateur football and players will have off days if they didnt they would play pro. It is a tight league and as someone said earlier a run of 3 wins could put any team on top from near the bottom cant be bad for local football.

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

harryhandsome1 wrote:Agree with the call of being to early, the fact that teams are playing well and getting results cannot be ignored and a few teams have exceptional players in there squad but it is amateur football and players will have off days if they didnt they would play pro. It is a tight league and as someone said earlier a run of 3 wins could put any team on top from near the bottom cant be bad for local football.
its been said many times before and hopefully will continue to be said that div 2 is a hard div to play in, many quality sides and players.And hate to sing the praise of the Vitsa lads but full credit to them that this is our 3rd year in div 2 and each year we've been very competitive,would be nice to get out of it in an upwards direction but the year is yet young,just have to wait and see.(rick astley send his best wishes to the vista boys :lol: )

the FAKE one
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the FAKE one »

Just look at the results dude. Last week was 3rd vs 2nd. Normally a game between these are teams are close but a 0-6 blow out is obviously not close. Such a result proves that there is a big difference in the quality of players and in ball playing ability, but Im sorry, just saying how it is. Now I certainly do not support either club as Ive stated earlier that I went to the game as a neutral observer. I have not seen either club play this year and was viewing the game because it was a clash at the top of the table and I was scouting what the opposition teams are like. Limnos may have played poorly, got thumped and as a result the assumption that I made is that they dont have any quality players that can threaten any teams. As for Farm, the assumption that I made is Farm have a good blonde striker and he is the key to their team. Close him down, an half the games won. This is what I will be reporting back to my club. Simple as that.
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the FAKE one... again and again"

Ollo Ollo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ollo Ollo »

I wouldn’t bag Limnos, they had some quality players, they were just outplayed on the day. They will certainly upset a few teams this year. They could do the reverse to the Farm on the return leg, West Beach did last year.

Let’s remember Vista were on top the first 4 or so rounds last year before they finished 4th.

No team in Div 2 is in a position to say they will win the league. It’s far too close, give it to the half way mark and everyone has played each other then we can all put our opinions forward of who will win the league and get promoted. I’m not a betting man but we’ll all still be undecided then.

It’s a great league when the standard of soccer is so close. Well done to all the teams.

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

glory boy ur criticisim is warranted, as any person who watched the game would have said the same... we recognised that we were completely outplayed but b4 the gk was injured it was only 1-0

the FAKE one
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the FAKE one »

Well has the Limnos coach ever heard of a reserve keeper? It would be handy to have one on the bench. If he had done so, the game perhaps could have been much tighter than a 6 nil drubbing.

Slacko u said that they have some quality players. Which of limnos' players do you consider as quality from the game then? I couldnt see any from where I was standing, or was I looking at the wrong game? Did anyone else at the game see these quality players?
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the FAKE one... again and again"

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

reserve gk did his back in the b's game... bad day for injuries

Ollo Ollo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ollo Ollo »

Gamoto Maui, fair comments about the Limnos v Farm reserves game. Good game, a draw would have been fair, but Limnos striker slotted away a good third goal to take the win. Well done.

As for the A’s result, I don't think your normal keeper would have stopped the second or third goal.

Glory Boy, you obviously came to game after the first half, Limnos had a few players who had good touch and skill, they were just out played in the second half after a very fast and action packed first half. No doubt they will trouble other teams and sneak some unexpected results. From you comments I'll assume your from West Beach, you've got the Farm and Limnos the next two league games, you win those both, then you have bragging rights.

Barry is playing well Anenell_road. Especially the last two games. Although we lost against the East he was one who could hold his head up for his performance.

beach boy
Apprentice
Apprentice

limnos vs farmers

Post by beach boy »

ok your keeper got injured, few players out ok i understand, here it comes
[b][b][b]but[/b][/b][/b] . so did your defence not show up or are they all the injured guys you keep talking about, limnos if your keeper goes down injured the defence must know the guy going in must be average why give them 5 oppertunities to score, that cant be exscused you cant hide behind the fact you conseeded 5 more goals,

beach boy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by beach boy »

no one can say any one is going to be getting promoted or relegated its just that hard to predict its like the afl, my tips are out the window,
any wayteams play good bad ugly, it all depends what clubs have a piss up before the game really like this week, F.A. cup so all the brittish clubs and maybe others are going to hit the piss, so its who plays best hung over really isn it.

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

Re: limnos vs farmers

Post by arxidi »

beach boy wrote:ok your keeper got injured, few players out ok i understand, here it comes
so did your defence not show up or are they all the injured guys you keep talking about, limnos if your keeper goes down injured the defence must know the guy going in must be average why give them 5 oppertunities to score, that cant be exscused you cant hide behind the fact you conseeded 5 more goals,
i wasnt @ the game due to study commitments.. but from what i heard...

in the early stages of the game one of the boys (who plays a defensive position at that) copped a knock to the knee... then arguably the heart and muscle of the limnos defence (together with the captain that is), the new new guy (well he was new last year but anwyay), he got injured... so there go two of our toughest defensive players in magoo and mickey love. then, to top that off, the keeper gets injured (and reserve GK injured in Bs game).

i wasnt there to see but to lose 6-0 was a TERRIBLE result. i dont think limnos has experienced a result like that since the dark gloomy days of 2004... that said, things werent going right for the boys on the day.

my prediction is they will bounce back.

BUT... anyone can say all they like on this thing, and it will prove nothing. results will speak for themselves. id just be careful of what i say on here coz its too soon, and u dont wanna make a clown of urself should they boys down at stingray park turn things around.

now, u may think u are right after seeing 1 pityful performance. if the boys come out though and pump u (whichever team u play for i dont know) then i guess ur opinions may change a little.

nonetheless, enjoy it while it lasts, coz the limnos bunch have too much pride and that will show in the coming weeks (well thats just my opinion anyways...)
everyone is entitled to my opinion

tsss

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

its not strayray park, its grange reserve. its a share ground owned by the league. it will not be the only big loss that limnos will get this season. t6hey just dont have the quality of some of the other teams.