Sun Div 2 results and comments

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Sun Div 2 results and comments

Post by Mr Football »

I know vista beat PHE 3-1 (1-0) i watched that game vista looked pretty good, controlled the game from start to finish really.

What was the game like between Farm and Limnos i heard Farm got up 6-0 is this true?

How'd West Beach's game go?

Ollo Ollo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ollo Ollo »

Interesting that the Limnos boys are very tight lipped today.

The Farm absolutely killed Limnos yesterday, they weren't even in the game. I think the Farm keeper had to make two saves all match. Lucky the score wasn't even more.

Interesting result for Vista, have they turned the corner? or was it there small and bumpy pitch?

Ollo Ollo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ollo Ollo »

Here are the final results for Div 2 round 5.

ROUND 5 - SUNDAY 7th MAY 2006
LIMNOS 0 Final 6 INGLE FARM
PUMAS 3 Final 1 MACEDONIA
BOSNA 0 Final 2 WEST BEACH
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS 2 Final 1 FULHAM
MODBURY VISTA 3 Final 1 PARA HILLS EAST

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

if the farm boys r happy putting only 6 past a non gk then i think they must be kidding themselves that they are really that good!

as i said b4, farm outclassed limnos and were much better on the day

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

Good result for vista they are starting to turn the corner, still got some improving to do but they're going to be very hard to beat.
Now they are scoring goals there's a lot more comfidence in the team, they will continue to score and still be very hard to score against

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Slacko wrote:Interesting that the Limnos boys are very tight lipped today.

The Farm absolutely killed Limnos yesterday, they weren't even in the game. I think the Farm keeper had to make two saves all match. Lucky the score wasn't even more.

Interesting result for Vista, have they turned the corner? or was it there small and bumpy pitch?
Actually our pitch isn't too bad at the moment. It even has grass on it. Not sure what it'll be like in July and August though...!

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Sun Div 2 results and comments

Post by Happy Kopite »

Mr Football wrote:I know vista beat PHE 3-1 (1-0) i watched that game vista looked pretty good, controlled the game from start to finish really.

What was the game like between Farm and Limnos i heard Farm got up 6-0 is this true?

How'd West Beach's game go?
Mr Football, you should spend less time watching the game and actually do your job on the park!!

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Southern Knights 2 - Fulham 1 (A's and B's)

It has been said here b4 - every dog has its day and the Knights had it on Sun - and we had a dog of a day.

Can't afford to be off ur game at all in DIV 2 this year as even the so called less fancied teams will roll u if u r....

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

bigpond wrote:Southern Knights 2 - Fulham 1 (A's and B's)

It has been said here b4 - every dog has its day and the Knights had it on Sun - and we had a dog of a day.

Can't afford to be off ur game at all in DIV 2 this year as even the so called less fancied teams will roll u if u r....
Lol, damned with faint praise! Our two previous draws should have been wins - we had a bad day against Limnos and Ingle Farm were too good, people underestimated us because of our early results but despite you winning 6-0 the week before we thought we could win and we did! Look forward to the return leg, can we get lucky again?

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

Mr Football, you should spend less time watching the game and actually do your job on the park!!
Well happy kopite maybe i didn't want to sound like I was a player, and just for the record i did my job ok except i couldn't get vocal due to injury.

Hey, well done to knights for knocking off fulham, they might not think they're so good now, but they are already making excuses I've noticed

Ollo Ollo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ollo Ollo »

You can't believe it was your keeper that was the reason for your loss, the Farm totally out classed Limnos all day and never looked threatened.

The better team won on the day, it seems you Limnos boys come up with a different excuse every time you are outplayed.

On your pitch, you have no excuse for playing bad, it's like a billiard table compared to the rest of the pitches in div 2.

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Mr Football wrote:
Well happy kopite maybe i didn't want to sound like I was a player, and just for the record i did my job ok except i couldn't get vocal due to injury.

Hey, well done to knights for knocking off fulham, they might not think they're so good now, but they are already making excuses I've noticed

Yeah they reckon our dog played well - they are a middle of the table side, no more, no less

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweet mate productions »

can anyone explain to me how a side like farm can be beaten 5-1 last week and now come back and win 6-0, are they missing players or just inconsistant. It surprises me that farm could lose 5-1 to PHE as PHE never looked like scoring apart from a goal mouth scrabble on the weekend

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Some funny results in this DIV gonna be very tight at the end of the season.

PHE beat farm 5-1 then FARM beat Limnos 6-0

Vista beat PHE 3-1 and Limnos 1-0 but lose to West Beach 1-0.

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

Lol, damned with faint praise! Our two previous draws should have been wins - we had a bad day against Limnos and Ingle Farm were too good, people underestimated us because of our early results but despite you winning 6-0 the week before we thought we could win and we did! Look forward to the return leg, can we get lucky again?[/quote]

Never said the word that Knights were lucky or that we took the game easy - we just didn't play up to scratch in both grades and u guys grinded out 2 wins and well done.

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

Slacko wrote:Interesting that the Limnos boys are very tight lipped today.

What do you mean "turned the corner"? You make it sound like we were in a crisis or something. We've come 3rd and 4th in the last 2 seasons and only lost once this season in one of the most difficult away games in Div 2.

Ollo Ollo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ollo Ollo »

Not having a go at Vista avenell_road, I'll give credit where credit is due, Vista have been very consistent the past few years and have reason to be this year. Just wondering if they've hit there straps and firing on all cylinders after a slow start?

In relation to the PHE loss last week to the Limnos game this week.
The Farm made some re-arrangements in the midfield and two key midfielders, who were out for the PH East game injured, we back in. They made a huge difference to the pace and skill in the middle of the park. Plus I think most players were off the piss last weekend unlike the huge one a few of the players had the weekend before, we can blame the Walker's for that as young Tim was off overseas for 12 months.

Gamoto mouni
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Gamoto mouni »

In relation to the Limnos v Ingle Farm game, the farmers were the better team. Not making excuses but when we lost our keeper it was like a double hit, we had no replacment, for the only guy with keeker experience was our stiker, the outcome probably wouldnt been no different but we wouldnt have lost as bad. (Still got 4 key players to come back into the sqaud in the next 2-3 week.)

From the teams we've played so far, Ingle Farm has by far been the best team, Modbury are preety tough, yet to play PHE or West Beach so can't comment on them.

I reakon you blokes (Ingle Farm) will win the div2 league!!! Good Luck
Last edited by Gamoto mouni on Mon May 08, 2006 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

Slacko wrote:Not having a go at Vista avenell_road, I'll give credit where credit is due, Vista have been very consistent the past few years and have reason to be this year. Just wondering if they've hit there straps and firing on all cylinders after a slow start?

In relation to the PHE loss last week to the Limnos game this week.
The Farm made some re-arrangements in the midfield and two key midfielders, who were out for the PH East game injured, we back in. They made a huge difference to the pace and skill in the middle of the park. Plus I think most players were off the piss last weekend unlike the huge one a few of the players had the weekend before, we can blame the Walker's for that as young Tim was off overseas for 12 months.
How is Barry going out there this year Slacko?

the FAKE one
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the FAKE one »

Sounds like more Limnos excuses to me.
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the FAKE one... again and again"

Gamoto mouni
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Gamoto mouni »

Limnos B's 3 v Ingle Farm B's 2

First half: Played in real heavy rain and strong winds, made playing soccer really difficult. 1-0 down at half time.

Second half: The rain stopped with the breeze in our backs, made for better soccer. End to end action with both teams having good chances and playing good soccer. We got better as time went on. A hard fort win for us. Good entertaining match.

Rest of the Div2 B teams.
Ingle Farm B's are a good team,alot better than their ladder position shows.

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Gamoto mouni wrote:Limnos B's 3 v Ingle Farm B's 2

First half: Played in real heavy rain and strong winds, made playing soccer really difficult. 1-0 down at half time.

Second half: The rain stopped with the breeze in our backs, made for better soccer. End to end action with both teams having good chances and playing good soccer. We got better as time went on. A hard fort win for us. Good entertaining match.

Rest of the Div2 B teams.
Ingle Farm B's are a good team,alot better than their ladder position shows.
Yes agree with you they are a good side, although close down the wee guy in midfield and they will struggle. If any team goes on a run in reserves they should win it, as so many close teams will take points off each other

Gamoto mouni
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Gamoto mouni »

Glory Boy.
Gees,let me guess!! U must play for Ingle Farm.

the FAKE one
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the FAKE one »

The Limnos A's were more entertaining. Atleast we will get to see plenty of goals when they play.

Some players down there are absolute shockers.

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

its the coach's fault... simple as that!

Gamoto mouni
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Gamoto mouni »

HaHa, very funny :x

the FAKE one
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the FAKE one »

Atleast the games are entertaining. We can expect see plenty of goals. I might start a poll on who the first team to conceed 100 goals in a season will be. My tip is Limnos followed by Bosna.

Gamoto mouni
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Gamoto mouni »

glory boy your a dead set spastic, you guys have conceeded as many goal as we have.

beach boy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by beach boy »

the beach played well in in conditions not faced this year so it took time to adjust, wind, rain, mud and the markings of a footy field running through the pitch also made it hard but we came away with the three points,
bosna not the team of old lacking the touch of skill brought by the first generation of over the last 5-6 years,still tough but just lacking something.

what a good round of results eh. keeping it tight and close through the top

Football_lad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Football_lad »

[quote="Gamoto mouni"]Slacko gives us chance to respond

In relation to the Limnos v Ingle Farm game, the farmers were the better team. Not making excuses but when we lost our keeper it was like a double hit, we had no replacment, for the only guy with keeker experience was our stiker, the outcome probably wouldnt been no different but we wouldnt have lost as bad. (Still got 4 key players to come back into the sqaud in the next 2-3 week.)

From the teams we've played so far, Ingle Farm has by far been the best team, Modbury are preety tough, yet to play PHE or West Beach so can't comment on them.

[b]I reakon you blokes (Ingle Farm) will win the div2 league!!! Good Luck[/quote]

That is a big call... Ingle farm is yet to play against West beach, Fulham and Vista. I think These 3 teams are teams that ar very capable of taking points off farm. Farm are sitting top because they have played 3 of the four bottom teams. What happens when Ingle farm play a strong side like PHE??? THEY LOSE 5-1!!! So what will happen when they play against Vista and West Beach, two teams who are top 3 in the league. I dont doubt that farm are a strong side I just dont think that saying that they will definately win the league is appropriate. These predictions should not be made until end of round 9.