Results May 6/7

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

the ist ref was outstanding although the nugget who replaced him should be shot, lol good game played in the correct manner, our no 6, cant think was he the aboriginal guy. You have a good set up down their but too many games have killed that pitch already.

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Yes thats the guy!Good lad and he can take a tackle. I can't believe they play the under 12's and under 10's on that field - doesn't make sense - love the pitch for first few rounds but a rainy spell and plenty of home games can destroy it. Thought it was ok yesterday but conditions weren't the best

No.24 AWSC
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by No.24 AWSC »

WANDERES VS SOUTHERN BREAKERS

A'S 8-0
B'S 6-1
PESCARA F.C

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

Yeah hes a standout, last year he was losing it too much but the coach has got him focused and got his temper under control and it shows in his game. He is a good lad and is responding to the way the coach wants the game played on the ground and quick movement of the ball.

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

Brown paper bag crew wrote:A's Brahma 2 El Salvo's 2
B's Brahma 0 El Salvo's 2
C's Celts 2 Jets 1

Late goal stuff's us again. Gotta start making the most of our opportunities in front of goals
B.p.b.c what is happening to Brahma? when we drew with you a couple of weeks ago I thought you had an excellent side, since then you have lost to a very ordinary team in Chilean and only managed to take 1 point from El Salvador at home. Having said that I havn't seen El Savador play, what did you think of them :?:

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Dicanio wrote:
Brown paper bag crew wrote:A's Brahma 2 El Salvo's 2
B's Brahma 0 El Salvo's 2
C's Celts 2 Jets 1

Late goal stuff's us again. Gotta start making the most of our opportunities in front of goals
B.p.b.c what is happening to Brahma? when we drew with you a couple of weeks ago I thought you had an excellent side, since then you have lost to a very ordinary team in Chilean and only managed to take 1 point from El Salvador at home. Having said that I havn't seen El Savador play, what did you think of them :?:
We got Brahma this week in the cup...What is going on?? :)

We are going to be fired up for the CUP this week after being told if the club wins prize money, then the players divide it between them...After a disapointing start to our season we are hungry for a good cup run.

Brown paper bag crew
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Brown paper bag crew »

G'day Dicanio. You wouldnt happen to be another relative of Avenall would you?

Dont confuse Chilean at home with Chilean away. 2 very different teams. Past 2 games we have missed so many opportunities its not funny, plus our first halves have been ordinary. Elsalvo's were pretty good yesterday, they have a few very good players, but the team isnt unbeatable, we definately shoud have won that one. I notice they have now lost points for the first few rounds after their dodgy cheating was caught out. Typically we are the only team to not benefit from this! haha ah well. We hope to put the brakes onto seaford in the next round, we know we have the quality to do it, its just a matter of putting it together for 90 minutes.

Redders, we too are looking forward to it, though thanks to you guys not agreeing to swap the game to friday night (move from our ground to yours, due to FA cup saturday, why wouldnt you agree to it?) I wont get to see it as I will be in Melbourne. Should be a good game never the less. I also notice the football gods have once again struck down on us, seeing as you guys have hit form slap bang before the match against us.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Brown paper bag crew wrote:G'day Dicanio. You wouldnt happen to be another relative of Avenall would you?

Dont confuse Chilean at home with Chilean away. 2 very different teams. Past 2 games we have missed so many opportunities its not funny, plus our first halves have been ordinary. Elsalvo's were pretty good yesterday, they have a few very good players, but the team isnt unbeatable, we definately shoud have won that one. I notice they have now lost points for the first few rounds after their dodgy cheating was caught out. Typically we are the only team to not benefit from this! haha ah well. We hope toput the brakes onto seaford in the next round, we know we have the quality to do it, its just a matter of putting it together for 90 minutes.

Redders, we too are looking forward to it, though thanks to you guys not agreeing to swap the game to friday night (move from our ground to yours, due to FA cup saturday, why wouldnt you agree to it?) I wont get to see it as I will be in Melbourne. Should be a good game never the less. I also notice the football gods have once again struck down on us, seeing as you guys have hit form slap bang before the match against us.
I have no idea mate. I guess we train on Friday nights, we have missed many trainings recently. A Friday night game against Inter a few weeks ago and Anzac Day, proably not what the coach wants. Maybe the grounds booked or we dont have the players available for Friday as some cant make it on Fridays?? Who knows?? I for one love the Friday night games and im a Liverpool man so Friday night would of made sense to me.

Haha we are putting it together well lately, 11 goals in last two games.

Out for this one too unfortunatley, I strained my groin by slipping on a muddy NAB pitch and will be resting this game. :(
Last edited by Redders on Mon May 08, 2006 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

B.p.b.c you surely don't expect me to admit I am related to an Arsenal supporter in public :oops: I'm not sure that El Salvo's lost points for the well known fact that they play ring in's, as their round 1 result has been changed from Greenock 2-6 El Salv which I know to be correct to Greenock 6-4 El Salv. Maybe just a mistake by the amateur league? As for the cup round I am not looking forward to chasing African's around after a big night watching the hammers in the cup final :lol:

anfield road
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by anfield road »

you will be well hungover after drowning your sorrows all night :D

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

brama are very up and down, couldnt believe that plympton pipped them for fourth last yr and came up! yeah chilean can be good yet terrible depending on where they play...as can el salv.
redders i would think that you would knock over brama without too many troubles. how are lion travelling now redders, finding the net at all?

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

sparts wrote:brama are very up and down, couldnt believe that plympton pipped them for fourth last yr and came up! yeah chilean can be good yet terrible depending on where they play...as can el salv.
redders i would think that you would knock over brama without too many troubles. how are lion travelling now redders, finding the net at all?
Yeh not too bad thanks sparts.. After the first three games we have almost got our full squad back...We have won our last two fairly convincingly. Ive scored once but should of had at least three or four. Find my self on the wing these days, which im enjoying as the team is playing well and the spirit is high after the last two games. Something that was missing in the first few games.

How are your guys travelling?

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

anfield road wrote:you will be well hungover after drowning your sorrows all night :D
Anfield road, one of us will be that's for sure. I think you could be building your self up for a big fall by making statements like that at this early stage :twisted:

Brown paper bag crew
Squad Player
Squad Player

Redders, fair points, we train fridays too so i wouldnt have thought that would be an issue, but yeah didnt really think of the ground being pre booked. Ah well, should be a good game either way, i look forward to hearing the score.

DiCanio, nope, i wouldnt wish that on anyone. Is even harder for your old man to admit to his sons I guess, but then again thats what you get for supporting chelsea. Damn, your right, all points back up on the saasl site for salvo's. Amatuer league make a mistake??? no way. Will be interesting to see how that one pans out.

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

Don't worry b.p.b.c we'll catch them out next week and hopefully they lose all their points

Brown paper bag crew
Squad Player
Squad Player

yeah hopefully Dicanio. Good luck. I cant stand cheats.

Redders, apparently the game is on Friday night now after all.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Brown paper bag crew wrote:yeah hopefully Dicanio. Good luck. I cant stand cheats.

Redders, apparently the game is on Friday night now after all.
If its on Friday im no chance to play :( Nevermind should be a good one, love the underlight matches.

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

hey redders, we're starting to get it together. we signed a good player last wk and still have 2 or 3 injuries in the first team but we have now played all the top teams which is good i guess. so after a slow start and a loss or two you were written off by some...what are the chances of lion pushing for a top four spot?

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Hey redders is Chad Hill still out there? How did NAB look? we have this week in the cup at their ground I bet it was a mud bath. Who ahould we look out for redders?

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Golden EAGLE wrote:Hey redders is Chad Hill still out there? How did NAB look? we have this week in the cup at their ground I bet it was a mud bath. Who ahould we look out for redders?
This is my first season so Im not too sure? He might be injured I have no Idea.

NAB were a bit flat, we certainly played well. They play 4-4-2 from what I can remeber. Very narrow can certainly exploit them wide. I didnt really notice any standouts. They have a strong midfielder, bald guy (#5 i think) scalzi i think they were calling him. Alot of there play went through him.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

sparts wrote:hey redders, we're starting to get it together. we signed a good player last wk and still have 2 or 3 injuries in the first team but we have now played all the top teams which is good i guess. so after a slow start and a loss or two you were written off by some...what are the chances of lion pushing for a top four spot?
Were taking every game as it comes trying not to focus to far ahead. The first few games including Downs we played with an understrength squad. Despite the scoreline against Downs we had our chances(only team to score against them I believe). Providing we keep the team that has played the last two weeks and get 1 or 2 fitter, we will be fine ;). We like the fact that people write us off, the underdog tag suits us fine :)

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Golden EAGLE wrote:Hey redders is Chad Hill still out there? How did NAB look? we have this week in the cup at their ground I bet it was a mud bath. Who ahould we look out for redders?
GOLDEN EAGLE asked the Coach about Chad Hill...He is not playing here anymore, he also reckons he's a good player and welcome back. But he thinks that he'd have to perform out of his skin to get into our A's.