Round 2 cup results Anzac Day

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Round 2 cup results Anzac Day

Post by marooned »

1st team Elizabeth Downs 2 Southern Breakers 0 forfeit
http://www.edsc.com.au

"It's not how good you are, but how bad you want it"

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Round 2 cup results Anzac Day

Post by Redders »

marooned wrote:1st team Elizabeth Downs 2 Southern Breakers 0 forfeit
No wonder they forfeited. They would of had to leave today, to get there on wednesday
Last edited by Redders on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Round 2 cup results Anzac Day

Post by Knight7 »

marooned wrote:1st team Elizabeth Downs 2 Southern Breakers 0 forfeit
1 was offside!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i heard they were both own goals

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

NAA not to far.....................................................................
they just heard how bad the pitch is :shock: why else would they :?: lack of talent?
i would'nt have thought after taking it up to Pontian last week :?: STRANGE :?:

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

nugget66 wrote:NAA not to far.....................................................................
they just heard how bad the pitch is :shock: why else would they :?: lack of talent?
Southern Knights are the team that played Pontian. Southern Breakers are a lower division Saturday team I believe.

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

avenell_road wrote:
nugget66 wrote:NAA not to far.....................................................................
Southern Knights are the team that played Pontian. Southern Breakers are a lower division Saturday team I believe.
Home Ground @ Port Elliot must be the biggest road trip in the Amatuer League.

Marooned - If it was at there homeground, would you still play considering it is Anzac day and all.

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

El Salvador have pulled out of the First Team cup game against us on Wednesday as well.

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

redders said
Marooned - If it was at there homeground, would you still play considering it is Anzac day and all

surely you jest redders we would have been booked into the local tavern and been surfing our little hearts away on middleton beach till the time came to switch on and play the local wannabees. a bus trip of enormous conciquence would have been on the cards. No one but no one partys harder than the Downs.
http://www.edsc.com.au

"It's not how good you are, but how bad you want it"

Cerveza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Cerveza »

Aldo Serena wrote:El Salvador have pulled out of the First Team cup game against us on Wednesday as well.
thats a weird one . must be because its so far also :lol: but being a div ahead cant see why the would forfeit

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Vista are through to the next round of the cup as the Bulldogs forfeited.
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains". Bill Shankly

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

Cerveza wrote:
Aldo Serena wrote:El Salvador have pulled out of the First Team cup game against us on Wednesday as well.
thats a weird one . must be because its so far also :lol: but being a div ahead cant see why the would forfeit
No idea - My only thinking is they are short of players? But surely you would forfeit the Reserves instead.

MSSC Blue Eagles

Hammer Down Under
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Bulldogs.

Post by Hammer Down Under »

Plympton A's forfieted the cup game Wednesday to apparently field a stronger B side against us, I think they were unaware that if the A's forfeit then the B's can't play either............Lovely. Day off for us and into the next round. It strikes me as strange that nobody at their club knew the rules if this IS the case ?
I don't think I'll ever marry again, next time I'll just find a woman I hate and buy her a house !! - Rod Stewart.

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Bulldogs.

Post by Aldo Serena »

Hammer Down Under wrote:Plympton A's forfieted the cup game Wednesday to apparently field a stronger B side against us, I think they were unaware that if the A's forfeit then the B's can't play either............Lovely. Day off for us and into the next round. It strikes me as strange that nobody at their club knew the rules if this IS the case ?
It is definitely the case - if a club forfeits the A's, then the B's also forfeit. It works the same in a league game.

MSSC Blue Eagles

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

Southern Knights have also forfieted on our B's!
Shame, we were looking forward to that one.

Duuno the reason, it was the league who called us.
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

carra23 wrote:Southern Knights have also forfieted on our B's!

Another 2 goals for young Stuey Gannon...!
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains". Bill Shankly

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

As some one said earlier "record number of forfeits" I hope the league realise that this hasnt worked and dont do something like it again.

Football_lad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Football_lad »

[quote="carra23"]Southern Knights have also forfieted on our B's!

Duuno the reason, it was the league who called us.[/quote]

Reckon that both clubs saw our results from the weekend thats the reason... Dont know if id give up a day off to cop a shalacking from an in form side either :lol:

ManicD
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ManicD »

Budapest B's forfeited against us... +1 to the forfeit count

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

Football_lad wrote:

Reckon that both clubs saw our results from the weekend thats the reason... Dont know if id give up a day off to cop a shalacking from an in form side either :lol:
What a great word that is :lol: :lol: :lol:

Listen out for that one in training my lad :wink:

I've heard 11 teams have pulled out!!!
Big number if true
we may get a bye into the final at this rate :D
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

south coast b's forfeit against gully

Canine
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Re: Bulldogs.

Post by Canine »

Hammer Down Under wrote:Plympton A's forfieted the cup game Wednesday to apparently field a stronger B side against us, I think they were unaware that if the A's forfeit then the B's can't play either............Lovely. Day off for us and into the next round. It strikes me as strange that nobody at their club knew the rules if this IS the case ?
Not sure where you get your information from "hammered down under", why we would concern ourselves in fielding a strong b's team against you? :shock: I think you will find we were quite aware of the forfeit situation and decided to fold both a and b teams, if you want to speak to your committee and a's coach you will find this was clearly discussed on Sunday night with them. Dont presume too much or you will continue to find alot of things "strange", enjoy your day off, as will we.
"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog".

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Football_lad wrote:

I told someone in your club last week that it was looking doubtful, just got message back tonight - we asked around on Sunday and only had 5 players available look forward to our 2 league games good luck in the cup - our A's are still playing though

sock
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Adelaide vikings cup round

Post by sock »

The Vikings got St Peters i think any word on how they are going this year ???????????

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

why forfiet .... how f&^kin soft r they ...

playin on anzac day is the best thing u can do.. what our forfathers have done for us

all those teams that forfiet r soft and unaustralian

DISGRACEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anfieldboy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by anfieldboy »

i bet if the final was to be played at hindmarsh, people would take the cup more seriously...why cant this happen, isnt it all supposed to be one Federation now hmm....
"Steven Gerrard sets himseeeeeeelf...oh what a goal, what a goal, what a goal by Stevie Gerrard, its 3-3..."

Spellow House
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Spellow House »

anfieldboy wrote:i bet if the final was to be played at hindmarsh, people would take the cup more seriously...why cant this happen, isnt it all supposed to be one Federation now hmm....

Even though your a kopite, you are spot on!! :wink: Were is the insentive of playing the final at Grange? It is supposed to be a Cup Final after all.
EVERTONIANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED. WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND, NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT....DONT MATTER!

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Spellow House wrote:
anfieldboy wrote:i bet if the final was to be played at hindmarsh, people would take the cup more seriously...why cant this happen, isnt it all supposed to be one Federation now hmm....

Even though your a kopite, you are spot on!! :wink: Were is the insentive of playing the final at Grange? It is supposed to be a Cup Final after all.
Yes especially in the B's - the referee's down there are terrible

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

Knight7 wrote:
Spellow House wrote:

they terrible now? :P

last year they were the best going around! :wink:

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

the REAL one wrote:
Knight7 wrote:
Spellow House wrote:

they terrible now? :P

last year they were the best going around! :wink:

Touche - 2 weeks ago you would have called me a whinger - your learning!