Vista v PHE

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

As far as i know pete isn't playing anyway and as for milking free kicks you make it sound like it doesn't happen much in the amateur league much, yeah right! If petes the only one in the team that milks free kicks then they're a lot better than most clubs, not mentioning anybody.... Limnos, Fulham, Bosna, Pumas do you get where i'm going with that one.

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Have just known them for a long time now and i guess there's no one else on here to stick up for them!!! Na dwayne doesn't coach us anymore. Thank god just quietly :wink: He is a great bloke but just lacked in motivational skills. Not enough respect to get the job done. All good though, someone has to step up and do the job.

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

East Boy wrote:The one which played full back, Chris. He has been playing in the middle for the last two seasons. Makes for a strong midfield set up with those two in there. Both play contrasting styles which works well.
Thanks. Andrew is the far superior player in my opinion. Both top blokes though.

sidopolous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Vista v PHE

Post by sidopolous »

Vista -Since sliced bread, hardly been tested yet due to top defence that still has best sweeper in Div 2 to come back from injury yet. Need a top striker though.

Vista Win 1 - 0

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

BULLDOG wrote:
East Boy wrote:So pete is out there too i guess. The saggs' are always very competitive and to have two of them giving other midfielders plenty of stick throughout the game can be a little hard for some to cope with. Thats probably why a lot of teams dont really like them. They are really nice blokes and Im sure they will be in the club rooms after the game havin a beer with them lads
heard pete is playing can be a good player but spends most the time milking free kicks.but he did pick up a couple of trophies last year so either he is a good player or he's getting it on with those in charge?????????????that approach seemed to work for mj.
Think MJ has been harshly disgarded by you guys at Vista. He was a great player and was your top scorer on many occasions. best player over the last 10 years - for sure!

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

Happy Kopite wrote:
BULLDOG wrote:
East Boy wrote:So pete is out there too i guess. The saggs' are always very competitive and to have two of them giving other midfielders plenty of stick throughout the game can be a little hard for some to cope with. Thats probably why a lot of teams dont really like them. They are really nice blokes and Im sure they will be in the club rooms after the game havin a beer with them lads
heard pete is playing can be a good player but spends most the time milking free kicks.but he did pick up a couple of trophies last year so either he is a good player or he's getting it on with those in charge?????????????that approach seemed to work for mj.
Think MJ has been harshly disgarded by you guys at Vista. He was a great player and was your top scorer on many occasions. best player over the last 10 years - for sure!
I never saw MJ in his prime, apparently he used to have great pace. Would have been a handful for any defence back in the day.

He hasn't lost it all though, he's still up there with the best of them in terms of kicking lumps out of people at training . :D

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

avenell_road wrote:
Happy Kopite wrote:
BULLDOG wrote:
I never saw MJ in his prime, apparently he used to have great pace. Would have been a handful for any defence back in the day.

He hasn't lost it all though, he's still up there with the best of them in terms of kicking lumps out of people at training . :D
Dont think he had a prime!

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

sweet mate productions wrote:East boy, unless you are one of the twins, you have a real uneasy love affair with them. I've never heard so much praise for a person b4. I know they are ok blokes and play the game the way it should be, just quickly, Dwayne still coaching you guys?, if so i've been coached by Dwayne, fantastic bloke who once coached us from the bar at Enfiled, a question, Vista's bar is 2 pitches away, how you think he going to go this week
never stopped the vista coach from coaching......the bars not that far away.

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

Happy Kopite wrote:
avenell_road wrote:
Happy Kopite wrote:
BULLDOG wrote:
he still cuts a figure of a fine player don't get me wrong its not easy standing with your hands on your hips for 90.even harder when your not training

Dont think he had a prime!

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

So happy kopite you seem to like MJ, i thought he was outstanding in his day, still has a lot to offer just doesn't want to hense the move to defence, whats with all vista top goal scorers moving to defence, i hear there's a former top goal scorer in you back lines now. Maybe MJ and he should partner up front if they want some goals :lol:

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Mr Football wrote:So happy kopite you seem to like MJ, i thought he was outstanding in his day, still has a lot to offer just doesn't want to hense the move to defence, whats with all vista top goal scorers moving to defence, i hear there's a former top goal scorer in you back lines now. Maybe MJ and he should partner up front if they want some goals :lol:
Leading scorer in defence now??? If that's who I think it is, he scored 4 goals in a bad year to be the leading scorer. Hardly prolific!!

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

Well he actually got 6 and that was a good year for him!

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Mr Football wrote:Well he actually got 6 and that was a good year for him!
One off his right foot, one off the left, one off his head and 3 off his back side! Dont think he's scored again since...!

SOPER
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by SOPER »

Have seen PH east play and must say i wasnt too impressed with them . Vista to win 2-0.

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweet mate productions »

i just hope soccer wins on the day, unlike trying to play at macedonia, which is as uninspiring as getting your balls caught in a blender

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

East Boy wrote:Pete milking free's??????? Never!!!! He is a decent player and could be very useful for the vista lot. will be a great game!!
east boy i heard a rumour there will be a bbq on after the game so your crowd are welcome to hang arround .

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

3-1 to Modbury Vista the final score, great performance from the lads.

jetstc
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by jetstc »

its not that hard to work out that east boy is andrew saggs. that is why he has so much love for them. both of them are good solid consistent players who can dominate the midfield when there on song.

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Game of the season in Div 2? Probably not as it was a bit one-sided in the end. After all the talk about the best attack against the best defence, it was the defensive side that scored the 3 goals and Andy Carmen didn't really have much to do!

This result will make the table look interesting now!

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

If this MJ is Mick James, and he is still playing A's, Vista is a complete joke. The bloke hardly lifts a finger during the game.

And I havent had an association with Vista for years now

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

Xplosive wrote:If this MJ is Mick James, and he is still playing A's, Vista is a complete joke. The bloke hardly lifts a finger during the game which is no surprise because it is wedged so firmly up the coaches muscat, has been for years.

xplosive who might you be then as you know so much about vista and are happy to name and place below the belt comments about vista players in an open forum,if you know that much about the club you would also know that mj has not played for the a's this season nor does he want,but you knew that already as you seem to follow the goings on closely.

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Xplosive wrote:If this MJ is Mick James, and he is still playing A's, Vista is a complete joke. The bloke hardly lifts a finger during the game which is no surprise because it is wedged so firmly up the coaches muscat, has been for years.

What does that mean "haven't had an association for years"? Sounds like there some ill feeling there!! Maybe an ex player who was cast aside as not good enough, or maybe an ex coach.

But you do have a valid point about him not lifting a finger during a game. He's a lazy sh*t.

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

No mate, Ive played at all levels for Vista, but a while back lost interest and didnt come back.

It doesnt matter anyway. Im only posting a truth, but Ive got no more to say about the club, because generally, a good lot of blokes.

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Xplosive wrote:No mate, Ive played at all levels for Vista, but a while back lost interest and didnt come back.

It doesnt matter anyway. Im only posting a truth, but Ive got no more to say about the club, because generally, a good lot of blokes.
So you're now playing for the C grade at TTG or the Farm?

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

MJ was a class act in his prime and still is as good in div 2 as most.from someone who has coached him and coached against him.Vistas best player over ther the last ten years by a mile.

sidopolous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sidopolous »

MJ is lazy, but still a class act. Vista B's missed him in the one game he didn't play this year against Macodonia. Mind you he wouldn't have lasted 10 mins with the Maco ref.
Vista A's top performance yesterday

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweet mate productions »

enough about mj i say, all this talk will give him a big head, although his performance on the weekend was solid as normal. Vista dominated East and quite easily one of the best wins for some time. May this lead on to many more wins as it was made to look very easy on the weekend. And to the Gaffa, brilliant!!!!!!

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

I'm not Andy Saggs Jetstc i can tell you that honestly. But would i tell you if i was?? No one else on here would reveal their names.

Anyways, a very very dissapointing result by our guys. Vista didn't look all that great but grinded out a great result for them. Extremely difficult to play on the pitch as everyone has said on here. They know how to play that pitch well and its hard to adapt especially when its wet!!

I know most of the vista guys and well done to them and cheers for the bbq after the match. Good to see a warm welcome even if it was bloody freezing. Seeya in the return leg!!

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

I don't see what the big deal is about our pitch to be honest. The surface would be considered about average by amatuer standards. There's far better surfaces and far worse surfaces. In terms of size its slightly smaller than the norm but certainly not a postage stamp as some would have you believe.

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

The quality of the surface is no issue. Quite good i thought. It just needs to be a little longer and wider. The size is somethin you only notice if your playing on bigger pitches every week. The east are a team who like to get out wide and behind, but its too cramped on that pitch. sweepers and midfielders can easily provide cover for the flanks. It showed by the quality of goals scored. All scrappy goals.