Vista v PHE

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

well worked goals i thought, including yours

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Olympic (Vista) Bhoy »

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Great result for Vista, will make other teams respect us.

MJ lazy? I never noticed :D

In breaking news, I'll be at training on Tuesday.........need to chat to the b-team coach to get a me a gig on the bench, hopefully the experience needed to close out games will come in handy. Apart from the gaffer, am I the only survivor from our last title in 1994?????

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Vista_Bhoy wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster.

Great result for Vista, will make other teams respect us.

MJ lazy? I never noticed :D

In breaking news, I'll be at training on Tuesday.........need to chat to the b-team coach to get a me a gig on the bench, hopefully the experience needed to close out games will come in handy. Apart from the gaffer, am I the only survivor from our last title in 1994?????
You'll be training on Tuesday?? Think we've heard that before mate!!

marooned
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by marooned »

Good to see Jimmy and Ali G having a good run of luck, well earned luck.
If its any help for you to know your young team gave the Downs a real hard contest pre season. I would suggest that you have been one of the better sides we have played this year. if you could pick up another avenall road or two you would give a few first div teams a run for the money. The Downs have a busy schedule this year but we would love to organise a night game between the clubs maybe for a trophy each year, maybe put on a band after the games. Our clubrooms are fantastic for bands to play at, something to do with accoustics. If Vista Buoy is M.O then get the pie warmer out. Good luck and keep winning.
http://www.edsc.com.au

"It's not how good you are, but how bad you want it"

Football_lad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Football_lad »

I think this Result From Vista should not be taken Lightly. A 3-1 result over the Best attack in the league? would that not make Vista the better attack and defence in the league? I think that teams are going to find it hard to score against Vista and will continue to score against teams now they have figured out how to do so. Is PHE and Farm still favourites for the league?

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

Football_lad wrote:I think this Result From Vista should not be taken Lightly. A 3-1 result over the Best attack in the league? would that not make Vista the better attack and defence in the league? I think that teams are going to find it hard to score against Vista and will continue to score against teams now they have figured out how to do so. Is PHE and Farm still favourites for the league?
Results have been so inconsistent in this league that I don't think a true picture of who are favourites will be determined until the end of round 9. However, Vista are in the mix having conceded only 2 goals in 5 games and, as you say, puttin a few in the old onion bag ourselves.

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Vista, PHE and Ingle Farm - one of these sides will win the league. Remember a bad run of injuries a bad referee or just a general bad day came hurt a team. We have only played Ingle Farm - the other 4 teams we have played - West Beach, Fulham, Bosna and Limnos are all very beatable - despite the fact Limos gave us a bit of a hiding!

Football_lad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Football_lad »

[quote="Knight7"]Vista, PHE and Ingle Farm - one of these sides will win the league. Remember a bad run of injuries a bad referee or just a general bad day came hurt a team. We have only played Ingle Farm - the other 4 teams we have played - West Beach, Fulham, Bosna and Limnos are all very beatable - despite the fact Limos gave us a bit of a hiding![/quote]

So If these 3 teams are the ones that you are tipping to win the league, which is a big prediction with the way that results are going and how tight the league is turning out to be, is there anyone that has seen PHE, Farm and Vista play? If so who is looking the Better team and will be harder to beat. I think that West Beach could also been thrown into contention they are going to be a very tough team to take 3 points from especially at home.

eric the great
Apprentice
Apprentice

Vista Defence

Post by eric the great »

What happens when Vista's "unbeatable" keeper joins the Army and leaves the club soon? You'll see a few more goals go in against Vista and with their weak attack they'll soon drop off. The three goals against PHE on weekend came from defensive errors (failure to clear the ball in slippery conditions). All four goals of the match (including PHE's) were scored in the six yard box. So saying their attack is better than East's isn't really accurate. Most of the shots on the weekend were pretty much at the keepers. Without a confident and quality keeper like Carmen in goal, Vista will definetly concede more and still not score many.

Olympic (Vista) Bhoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Olympic (Vista) Bhoy »

Never mind the pies get the beer on ice!

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweet mate productions »

without a quality keeper, a blind man with no arms could have kept on weekend and it wouldn't have mattered. The big AC made 1 save and the rest was basic, PHE never tested the great man in goals so cant understand how you can say without him Vista nothing and more will go in, an uneducated comment

Lost_N_found@@VISTA
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Lost_N_found@@VISTA »

A fair call by Sweet Mate productions. Andy Carman played well as it is all relative. The PHE keeper was next to useless. Was he found in the carpark pre game? A strong performance by the Vista boys. Still some fine tuning to take place but this year could very possibly be the year.

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

Lost_N_found@@VISTA wrote:A fair call by Sweet Mate productions. Andy Carman played well as it is all relative. The PHE keeper was next to useless. Was he found in the carpark pre game? A strong performance by the Vista boys. Still some fine tuning to take place but this year could very possibly be the year.
We only wanted Andy Carmen so we could use his big tv for FA Cup Final night. It's a bonus that he's not a bad keeper aswell.

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

Lost_N_found@@VISTA wrote:A fair call by Sweet Mate productions. Andy Carman played well as it is all relative. The PHE keeper was next to useless. Was he found in the carpark pre game? A strong performance by the Vista boys. Still some fine tuning to take place but this year could very possibly be the year.
yes its true that AC has lifted the attitude of the squad but as far as things go last year we began the year with a good defensive record.against PHE we played well,and perhaps they didn't but the 3 points belong to us either way.And as for the 2 teams going up i think it will be many weeks before that can be tipped.Well done the vista boys work hard and earnt the points.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

at this stage last year vista hadnt conceded a goal ,if they can continue to put them away ALL year they will be in the mix with phe and the farmers

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

agreed with happy k, 143cm TV , anyone would love that, way way to early to tip who will go up for sure, may come down to the last game of the year, Farm Vs Vista, won't that be an emotional game

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

[quote="Happy Kopite
We only wanted Andy Carmen so we could use his big tv for FA Cup Final night. It's a bonus that he's not a bad keeper aswell.[/quote]
Pity he was once on the books of the blue sh*te ;-)
but he is helping with areas of the coaching, expertise is something you cant buy..................and some of cant buy a big telly either!
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)

howdy
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by howdy »

GO vista what a good win for you lads well done! but i think the small pitch would of helped you guys! i still believe have one of the best attacks in the amatuer league. i was really impressed with the young tall striker PHE played up front against modbury on sunday. Vista dominated the game though through the midfield. i still believe the title will go to either PHE or Ingle Farm!

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

howdy wrote:i was really impressed with the young tall striker PHE played up front against modbury on sunday.
Strange, I thought he did very little apart from score their goal, but I suppose that's what he's there for.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

has peds made a difference to your lineup avenell?

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

robinfriday wrote:has peds made a difference to your lineup avenell?
Yes, Peds is playing the best football I've ever seen him play. Has cut out the disciplinary problems (eg, mouthing off to referees) and is 100% focussed on his game now. Missed a couple of sitters earlier in the season but now he's scoring goals and bringing others into play, long may it continue.

Captain Marvel
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Captain Marvel »

How did Vista manage to calm Peds down? He was the original Angry Young Man. :D
"If I'd had 11 substitutes at half-time I'd have put them all on"

Plonker
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Plonker »

avenell_road, I've heard from a very good source that your keeper has enlisted with the army and will only play the first 11 rounds.

Is this true?

Mr Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mr Football »

I can confirm that our keeper is leaving to go to the army, big loss but lets not forget the b's keeper has been the first team goalie for last 2 years and we've still managed to have a good defencive record, plus he is getting training from andy and is improving every week, not a concern at all

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

agreed with mr football, massive boost and especially with the development of the other keepers will highly improve them. The transition wont be felt that much when he leaves because of the training b4 hand

Plonker
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Plonker »

Come on lads, I think your pulling at straws here, your current keeper is very good. I remember when he was asked to trial in England many years ago when I was playing at Enfield City (I don’t think he ever went, something to do with a work visa and his age, not sure). You couldn’t actually think your reserves keeper will be able fill in his boots. He could get all the training in the world and he won’t even get his close to his ability.