imbros vs pontians

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

imbros vs pontians

Post by the REAL one »

when is this game?

are both sides undefeated in div 3?

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

Yes both teams have achieved maximum points I think the game is on in June. Pontians play blue eagles, cup round then Croatia so dont exactly know when they play each other. Should be a cracker of a game anyway, the only greek derby for both sides this season

chris_ ikon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chris_ ikon »

its a raptors home game on 28th may i think...i'm sure the Raptors hospitality will just as welcoming for the Pontians as with Polonia and blue eagles this year.

big crowd should be on hand, we have been having big crowds this year so its been a great day out for all involved and the new menu is proving to be a favourite.

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

whats the table reading in div 3?

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

I take it Chris the move to a new ground has done the trick for your club. Im sure the game will be plugged on greek radio and on ACE TV. Hope all your boys are going to the Greece V Australia game in Melbourne and get jet lag and cant play, haha

chris_ ikon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chris_ ikon »

any chance of a mid week game?..lol

the new ground has proven the best thing the club couldve done, we had been chasing this ground for years and it came up at the right time...we need the big crowds and the functions its costing us a fortune but what do u expect in the eastern suburbs..lol

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

whats costing a fortune, the new players. haha

chris_ ikon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chris_ ikon »

yeah feeding them every thursday night and after home games..

colon clenser
Apprentice
Apprentice

colon clenser

Post by colon clenser »

what new players golden eagle???btw our posi isnt a true indication of how we have been playing

Gamoto mouni
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Gamoto mouni »

ACE TV! Who the hell watches ACE TV? can you even get reception for that channel!!!

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

re chris ikon did i see u sumwhere? like the footy?

chris_ ikon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chris_ ikon »

you did handsome boy...i couldnt quite come over as i was looking after my rampant nephews..

thought i'd do the good uncle thing and take them to a crows match...being a one eyed POWER supporter it was like pulling teeth out for me.

thank goodness one of my nephews's attention span lasted until 1/4 time and spent the rest of the afternoon looking at mounes...

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

Golden EAGLE wrote:I take it Chris the move to a new ground has done the trick for your club. Im sure the game will be plugged on greek radio and on ACE TV. Hope all your boys are going to the Greece V Australia game in Melbourne and get jet lag and cant play, haha
Not doubt that Georgy Dee will spent 1/2 hour talking about the Pontians
and only 10 seconds about every other greek club.

Even San Marco's B team get more airtime than other greek clubs.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

@ golden eagle
Should be a cracker of a game anyway, the only greek derby for both sides this season
what do you mean??? weve played both san marco and the blue eagles. with them being either sicilian or calabrian and knowing that their bloodlines stretch across the adriatic, weve already had two 'greek' derbies. in fact, on sunday, the blue eagles boys consumed more souvlakia than their hosts :lol:

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

MegaBonus wrote:@ golden eagle
Should be a cracker of a game anyway, the only greek derby for both sides this season
what do you mean??? weve played both san marco and the blue eagles. with them being either sicilian or calabrian and knowing that their bloodlines stretch across the adriatic, weve already had two 'greek' derbies. in fact, on sunday, the blue eagles boys consumed more souvlakia than their hosts :lol:
Turn it up MegaBonus! Not many Sicilians or Calabrians at our club, thats for sure. And I couldn't go past the souvlakia... I was hanging out all day for it! At least you Greeks do something well :P

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

with tongue planted firmly in my cheek, i have a mischevious question:

why is it total strangers (like myself and my new found friends at the blue eagles and san marco - forumites) all from the eastern suburbs can share a joke, a souvlaki and a beer (in the return leg im looking forward to a cotolleta and a short black) but we have trouble with people we know on the other side of town???????????????????????????????????????????????

chris_ ikon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chris_ ikon »

blue eagles are mainly Naps..i wouldnt fck with them.

i guess i got away with it for many years as my mother was from Neopoli..but in greece.

its called being mature and recognising what amature soccer is all about....being able to work on monday and leaving things out on the park.

but we are still feeling effects of having an italian win our B&f last year. he thinks he runs the club now

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

chris_ ikon wrote: its called being mature and recognising what amature soccer is all about....being able to work on monday and leaving things out on the park.

but we are still feeling effects of having an italian win our B&f last year. he thinks he runs the club now
He thinks he runs everything!

Leaving things out on the park is where a lot of people struggle... they seem to want to keep going even after the game is finished.

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

@ Uncle Cracker

Yeah Im sure George D will speak about the Pontians but they are will to get more info about other clubs and there games. Post your clubs next game all Greek club, and i will tell George D to air it, they are always looking for new material especially on the sport report as half of it is irrelevant

@ Mega Bonus

Our game against San Marco was very tame. They are a decent bunch of lads and we wish them well but its not like against a Greek club. Not trying to be big headed but we were up 3-0 at half time and they didnt really look like scoring.

@ Colon clenser

New Players? it was a joke re and what do mean your posi isnt a true indication of how you have been playing? What have you been lucky to get those results

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

MegaBonus wrote:why is it total strangers (like myself and my new found friends at the blue eagles and san marco - forumites) all from the eastern suburbs can share a joke, a souvlaki and a beer (in the return leg im looking forward to a cotolleta and a short black) but we have trouble with people we know on the other side of town???????????????????????????????????????????????
chris_ ikon wrote:its called being mature and recognising what amature soccer is all about....being able to work on monday and leaving things out on the park.
its ALSO called (FAIR PLAY without cheating refs) AND bringing YOUR OWN cards to a game (its not like we dont trust u, especially after the Barossa Pearl u showed us at your ground in round 1)

are u guys ever going to get over this???? i for one will be rejoincing in happiness if ya ever do

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

Guys I think you will find the reason why San Marco B's get a lot of airtime is because one of the girls on the greek channel is dating the San Marco B's player coach

Redders
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Redders »

Xplosive wrote:Guys I think you will find the reason why San Marco B's get a lot of airtime is because one of the girls on the greek channel is dating the San Marco B's player coach
Is she a good looker :D

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

Kosta United wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:why is it total strangers (like myself and my new found friends at the blue eagles and san marco - forumites) all from the eastern suburbs can share a joke, a souvlaki and a beer (in the return leg im looking forward to a cotolleta and a short black) but we have trouble with people we know on the other side of town???????????????????????????????????????????????
chris_ ikon wrote:its called being mature and recognising what amature soccer is all about....being able to work on monday and leaving things out on the park.
its ALSO called (FAIR PLAY without cheating refs) AND bringing YOUR OWN cards to a game (its not like we dont trust u, especially after the Barossa Pearl u showed us at your ground in round 1)

are u guys ever going to get over this???? i for one will be rejoincing in happiness if ya ever do
is that the sound of butting in?
then it must be kosta utd

adelaides answer to a question nobody asked!!

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

maxin in the shade wrote:

is that the sound of butting in?
then it must be kosta utd

adelaides answer to a question nobody asked!![/quote]

maxin.. once a m.a.l.a.k.a always a m.a.l.a.k.a

firstly trying to be funny with a simpsons quote.. ur not sucessful

secondly.. if u had a brain (and i stress IF) you would of noticed megabonus asking the question (i even quoted and highlighted it in blue)....

but like i said... IF U HAD A BRAIN

maxin in the shade
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by maxin in the shade »

aaaaaaaah kosta....................my dear old friend

it actually amuses me that u get so revved up so easily

sure i quoted the simpsons. why wouldnt i?

we all love the simpsons! are you with me kosta!!

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

im not revved up at all re.. couldnt give a toss, just making a point

and yes im def with u on tha fact that everybody luvs the simpsons but didnt find ur quote funny at all

colon clenser
Apprentice
Apprentice

colon clenser

Post by colon clenser »

yeah we have been lucky in the results eagle,,,we havent played the top teams yet,,and the oppositon havent been able to finish the game with 11 players yet, btw kosta having a bad B ref means naturally we would rock up to your game without our players cards for what reason again, playing unregistered players maybe??

King Tom
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by King Tom »

Kosta your a c/head plain and simple check cards, cheating ref's, video taping games...it was quite amusing when you wanted a card check against Croatia and they didn't even bother to look at yours!
and you got beat fair and square..not mention the 'fracarse' with your bro's at the end of the season!

Get on with the game, play on I say..

Kosta Utd
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Kosta Utd »

thanks for the compliment king grenache..

we video tape games for our own reasons, not for cheating and crap.. for your info we compiled together a DVD (prof cover and all) and distributed a copy to EVERY player at the club just to say thanks...

as for the rest of ur points.. ive got more enthusiam in wipin my ass than answering them..

yiasou king grenache

Gamoto mouni
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Gamoto mouni »

Imbros boys, the situation with the players card. I'm pretty sure if the shoe was on the other foot you would have done the same to us, you guys seem to forget that when we played at your ground your B grade ref JOHN started all this trouble.