Rowe Park sack coach

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Hugego21
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Rowe Park sack coach

Post by Hugego21 »

Rowe Park sacked the A grade coach last night
Must be confident of staying up and trying to blood in a new one for the remainder of the season, perhaps getting ready for next season

QuodUnusQuiPulsat
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Rowe Park sack coach

Post by QuodUnusQuiPulsat »

Who was their coach?

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

He'll coach Northern Saturday team next
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

dhoyle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by dhoyle »

QuodUnusQuiPulsat wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:59 am Who was their coach?
Dean Lawrence
haywood djablowme wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:17 am He'll coach Northern Saturday team next
In what Div? Div 1 - no chance, div 2 - Grove looking at promotion with theirs, Villa probably happy to sit in Div 2?

GaylyColouredStumps
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by GaylyColouredStumps »

Looks like the team responded well to the change
These users thanked the author Sunny Vanilla for the post:
Old Master, johndedes, theorakle, ozzie owl, suzie, thewabster, Za Dom Spremni

getyourheaddown
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by getyourheaddown »

:D what time was kick off on Sunday ? Every 7 minutes :D There last 2 games without DL at the helm they have conceded 18 without reply :eek: A silly move by the Rowe Park "hierarchy" to sack the coach, in my opinion its a dog act.
Last edited by getyourheaddown on Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

getyourheaddown wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:43 am :D what time was kick off on Sunday ? Every 7 minutes :D There last 2 games without DL at the helm they have conceded 12 without reply :eek: A silly move by the Rowe Park "hierarchy" to sack the coach, in my opinion its a dog act.
Maybe the reason for the results over the past two weeks is from the past coach, with someone now needing to try and correct that. And when you lose the playing group, the 'hierarchy' as you put it are left with very little option but to act.

Having watched the game yesterday, Rowe Park is a young team who isn't fit enough and hasn't been given enough direction, and that shows particularly against a team like West Beach.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Always the coaches fault..........

How about the playing group isn't good enough, yet they think they are..??
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

getyourheaddown
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

The last 2 results the team has not been coached by DL. That record of 18 against and Zero for in these 2 games speak for itself. "Sack the new Coach" maybe next. The previous 6 games prior to the 2 BIG losses have included Wins against the 2 teams below them, draw with the team directly above them and narrow loss to the 3rd placed and 6th placed teams. Hard to see from that form in his first year at the club that the teams performance is the reason for his sacking. Like I said in my opinion it's a dog act.

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

getyourheaddown wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:43 am :D what time was kick off on Sunday ? Every 7 minutes :D There last 2 games without DL at the helm they have conceded 18 without reply :eek: A silly move by the Rowe Park "hierarchy" to sack the coach, in my opinion its a dog act.
How is it a dog act? A club can choose to move a coach on whenever they like. Rowe park clearly weren’t performing, whether they expected different results or not, they decided to make a change.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

8)
getyourheaddown wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:16 pm The last 2 results the team has not been coached by DL. That record of 18 against and Zero for in these 2 games speak for itself. "Sack the new Coach" maybe next. The previous 6 games prior to the 2 BIG losses have included Wins against the 2 teams below them, draw with the team directly above them and narrow loss to the 3rd placed and 6th placed teams. Hard to see from that form in his first year at the club that the teams performance is the reason for his sacking. Like I said in my opinion it's a dog act.
The decisions made has nothing to do with performance on the park.

getyourheaddown
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Ok, so it’s NOT the “not good enough” playing group that are to blame Gristy? Like Haywood Dyablowme said it’s always the coaches fault 😂 what I did witness first hand is this. The Coach was not given full Autonomy. There were too many others wanting to have input. Ultimately this could of been DL downfall (treachery) Sacking the coach 3/4 way through the season, with NO chance of relegation or promotion at an Amateur establishment is (unacceptable) I repeat a dog act. So Gristy, are you privy to the phone call (cowardly) made by the Chair on that Sunday night to DL? I don’t think you are, the reason for the sacking was the teams performance. You just want to shift the blame away from your club’s wrongdoing........
“dog act” is a noun: an action seen as treacherous, cowardly or unacceptable.
Last edited by getyourheaddown on Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MLSC
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by MLSC »

:lol: :lol: Gristy the keyboard warrior has ruined one club with cowardly behaviour, surely has something to do with this!

English
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by English »

getyourheaddown wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:00 pm Ok, so it’s NOT the “not good enough” playing group that are to blame Gristy? Like Haywood Dyablowme said it’s always the coaches fault 😂 what I did witness first hand is this. The Coach was not given full Autonomy. There were too many others wanting to have input. Ultimately this could of been DL downfall (treachery) Sacking the coach 3/4 way through the season, with NO chance of relegation or promotion at an Amateur establishment is (unacceptable) I repeat a dog act. So Gristy, are you privy to the phone call (cowardly) made by the Chair on that Sunday night to DL? I don’t think you are, the reason for the sacking was the teams performance. You just want to shift the blame away from your club’s wrongdoing........
“dog act” is a noun: an action seen as treacherous, cowardly or unacceptable.
Few points there,

- you say too many wanting to have an input (treachery) and then say it could of led to his die fall

- you say no chance of relegation, unless I’m missing something they are 7 points from relegation with 4 games to go, so there’s still a chance

- you say sacking someone with no chance of promotion/relegation is unacceptable, there are plenty of reasons why a team who doesn’t go up or down would remove the coach, just like there are plenty who go down who keep their coach

- so the chairman called him and said the reason for the sacking was the team performance, but you’ve called that a wrongdoing

Some interesting thoughts you have there.

Sometimes coaches/players/clubs just don’t fit, cabernet happens, life goes on. Hell I’ve been removed from a position after winning the league (by phone as well), sounds like you’re holding more of a grudge than DL.