PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:53 pm 
Coach
Coach

swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Post subject: Re: SAASL Scores - Sat July 6 - Sun July 7
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:51 am 
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

East Adelaide walked off the pitch with 15 mins to go against MU Stars. Anyone know how often they get an official ref?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:50 pm 
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

English wrote:
East Adelaide walked off the pitch with 15 mins to go against MU Stars. Anyone know how often they get an official ref?

Involved at a Sat Div 4 club and we have had to source our own refs for the first team games more often than not.
There was an official ref when we played MU Stars away but it seemed the poor old bloke was so intimidated by the home team and their support. Needless to say, not many decisions went our way but we battled through regardless and played out the game.
If it was the same ref East Adelaide had up there i can sort of understand why they might have walked off.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:37 am 
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

HappyIron wrote:
English wrote:

Involved at a Sat Div 4 club and we have had to source our own refs for the first team games more often than not.
There was an official ref when we played MU Stars away but it seemed the poor old bloke was so intimidated by the home team and their support. Needless to say, not many decisions went our way but we battled through regardless and played out the game.
If it was the same ref East Adelaide had up there i can sort of understand why they might have walked off.

I haven’t been involved in SAASL for a couple of years now, and I understand how the referee stocks were dropping (not enough was done to protect them 5 odd years ago and it resulted in a massive reduction of qualified referees). But as a coach, you can’t order your team off the field due to a perceived biased referee. Record the game, take the evidence to SAASL and let them deal with it. All they’ve done now is lose the game and potentially got more sanctions if SAASL want to make an example of them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:08 pm 
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

English wrote:
HappyIron wrote:
English wrote:

I haven’t been involved in SAASL for a couple of years now, and I understand how the referee stocks were dropping (not enough was done to protect them 5 odd years ago and it resulted in a massive reduction of qualified referees). But as a coach, you can’t order your team off the field due to a perceived biased referee. Record the game, take the evidence to SAASL and let them deal with it. All they’ve done now is lose the game and potentially got more sanctions if SAASL want to make an example of them.

I remember you getting sent off for abusing a ref....