Results July 30 2016

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Beyond Blue
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Results July 30 2016

Post by Beyond Blue »

Div 4 res
Dingy 0 Strath 1

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Results July 30 2016

Post by Stitch This »

Div 1

Pumas v Jets

Cs 2-3
Bs 3-3
Time for some righteous indignation

reddevil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by reddevil »

Beyond Blue wrote:Div 4 res
Dingy 0 Strath 1
seniors:-
Dingy 5 Strath 0

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

A's
Pumas vs modbury
1-0

Monthegers
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Monthegers »

Pumas lucky to go 1-0 up.
Ressies 3-3 all as no stretcher provided to our injured player, so game called off before time.
And there is nothing better than the own player being told to leave their own club by his own players ie; Scott Winter. He had no respect for a injured player yelling abuse from the side line. Should be ashamed for his inapropiate behaviour.

mantzy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by mantzy »

Monthegers wrote:Pumas lucky to go 1-0 up.
Ressies 3-3 all as no stretcher provided to our injured player, so game called off before time.
And there is nothing better than the own player being told to leave their own club by his own players ie; Scott Winter. He had no respect for a injured player yelling abuse from the side line. Should be ashamed for his inapropiate behaviour.
Modbury were lucky not to be 4 - 0 down in the first half from where l saw the game buddy unless u were at a different game. Credit to Modbury who came back firing in the second half, but to quote 'pumas lucky ' not sure about that 1. Thanks to the Modbury boys who stuck around. Thought it was a very entertaining game from both ends. Good luck for the remaining games

Mahorn
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Mahorn »

On the Jets player that went down injured, he has a broken fibula. All the best with hopefully a speedy recovery

magic
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by magic »

Oh dear, pressure causing cracks with the Jets ?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

magic wrote:
Oh dear, pressure causing cracks with the Jets ?

Pressure? It's amateur football

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

mantzy wrote:
Modbury were lucky not to be 4 - 0 down in the first half from where l saw the game buddy unless u were at a different game. Credit to Modbury who came back firing in the second half, but to quote 'pumas lucky cheap and nasty not sure about that 1. Thanks to the Modbury boys who stuck around. Thought it was a very entertaining game from both ends. Good luck for the remaining games
I was on the other side with the injured player but from what I was told, Pumas officials dealt with the person appropriately. Credit to them for that.

Oh and, you must have been at a different game then. Don't think I've ever seen a team dominate so much and lose.

mantzy
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by mantzy »

God is an Englishman wrote:
mantzy wrote:
Modbury were lucky not to be 4 - 0 down in the first half from where l saw the game buddy unless u were at a different game. Credit to Modbury who came back firing in the second half, but to quote 'pumas lucky cheap and nasty not sure about that 1. Thanks to the Modbury boys who stuck around. Thought it was a very entertaining game from both ends. Good luck for the remaining games
I was on the other side with the injured player but from what I was told, Pumas officials dealt with the person appropriately. Credit to them for that.

Oh and, you must have been at a different game then. Don't think I've ever seen a team dominate so much and lose.
You were beaten by a good side mate now be a good sport and take it and learn from it champ. Like l said it was an entertaining game from both side meaning it could have gone either was thats what everybody including your leaders of ur club who no more about the game than you were saying come end of 90min.
We hope ur team mate who got taken away is ok and has a speedy recovery. Good luck and l do hope we both stay up and meet again next year

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

mantzy wrote: You were beaten by a good side mate now be a good sport and take it and learn from it champ. Like l said it was an entertaining game from both side meaning it could have gone either was thats what everybody including your leaders of ur club who no more about the game than you were saying come end of 90min.
We hope ur team mate who got taken away is ok and has a speedy recovery. Good luck and l do hope we both stay up and meet again next year
How do you know they know more about the game than me? If the "leaders" (whoever they are) said that, maybe they were being polite.

The team mate has a broken leg and looks like he will be needing surgery as well.

Mahorn
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Mahorn »

jets got beaten it's as simple as that, both teams will have rose coloured glasses and think they should have won.. But to say the official in the bs handled it appropriately is a stretch. Personally they handled the sideline banter/ argument I agree, it didn't escalate. The jets player didn't receive the appropriate action, a stretcher. Maybe it is sour grapes but we all deserve the basics when it comes to player safety and having to be carried off isn't right with a broken leg.
I too want to know who the 'leaders' of the club are? Maybe they have the answers to the lack of form.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Mahorn wrote:jets got beaten it's as simple as that, both teams will have rose coloured glasses and think they should have won.. But to say the official in the bs handled it appropriately is a stretch. Personally they handled the sideline banter/ argument I agree, it didn't escalate. The jets player didn't receive the appropriate action, a stretcher. Maybe it is sour grapes but we all deserve the basics when it comes to player safety and having to be carried off isn't right with a broken leg.
I too want to know who the 'leaders' of the club are? Maybe they have the answers to the lack of form.
I meant more that the officials stepped in and asked the person to leave.

bench-warmer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bench-warmer »

Personally, i think in amateur football, if you need a stretcher for a broken bone to get off the ground, you probably shouldn't be moved. Leave it for the professionals.

"Basics of player safety" isn't having a bunch of amateur wannabe medics move a seriously injured player.

But having said that, i admit i wasn't there.
Because everyone needs one.

mushrow
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by mushrow »

bench-warmer wrote:Personally, i think in amateur football, if you need a stretcher for a broken bone to get off the ground, you probably shouldn't be moved. Leave it for the professionals.

"Basics of player safety" isn't having a bunch of amateur wannabe medics move a seriously injured player.

Are clubs required to have a stretcher available? I must admit I was surprised there wasn't one available.
Dixie Dean was hailed by another Mersey legend, Liverpool’s Bill Shankly, as “belonging in the company of the supremely great, like Beethoven, Rembrandt and Shakespeare.”

60 goals, never to be equalled.

bench-warmer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bench-warmer »

mushrow wrote:
bench-warmer wrote:Personally, i think in amateur football, if you need a stretcher for a broken bone to get off the ground, you probably shouldn't be moved. Leave it for the professionals.

Are clubs required to have a stretcher available? I must admit I was surprised there wasn't one available.
Don't think I've ever seen that requirement.
Because everyone needs one.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

bench-warmer wrote:
mushrow wrote:

Don't think I've ever seen that requirement.
FFSA - yes
SAASL - no

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

If a player is injured and moved by someone who doesn't have the appropriate training and the person is injured further the can claim damages. If there is any thought of this type of injury it is best to wait for an ambulance.

I was treated very well by downs volunteers when I broke my leg at their ground however you need to be very careful. Every club should undertake a risk assessment and know their procedures for these events.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

One of the people on the scene at the time is certainly not an "amateur wannabe medic" but I certainly understand what you are saying.

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

my understanding is once an ambulance is called that the injured person is not to be moved....

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

jogger wrote:

If a player is injured and moved by someone who doesn't have the appropriate training and the person is injured further the can claim damages. If there is any thought of this type of injury it is best to wait for an ambulance.

I was treated very well by downs volunteers when I broke my leg at their ground however you need to be very careful. Every club should undertake a risk assessment and know their procedures for these events.
Wouldn't they get some protection under the Good Samaritan Act?
It's all in the Delivery!

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Brian the Postman wrote:
jogger wrote:

"people who give reasonable assistance" this would be the key to the good Samaritan act, not an expect but the protection of the act covers reasonable assistance, could the argument be made that moving someone to re-start a soccer game is not reasonable where the injured person is concerned?? the game can be postponed until medical help arrives... I guess it comes down to how much training club trainers have had aswell
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

halfcutfan wrote:
Brian the Postman wrote:
jogger wrote: If a player is injured and moved by someone who doesn't have the appropriate training and the person is injured further the can claim damages. If there is any thought of this type of injury it is best to wait for an ambulance.

"people who give reasonable assistance" this would be the key to the good Samaritan act, not an expect but the protection of the act covers reasonable assistance, could the argument be made that moving someone to re-start a soccer game is not reasonable where the injured person is concerned?? the game can be postponed until medical help arrives... I guess it comes down to how much training club trainers have had aswell
You can make any argument you want (lawyers make their livelihoods through this), the courts are full of frivolous claimants.
It's all in the Delivery!