New SAASL Website for 2016

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

New SAASL Website for 2016

Post by Robbo »

Not sure if everyone saw this in the Women's league discussion thread, thought it was worth a topic of its own..

The amateur league are getting a far improved website for next season - will be automatically updated with scores and league tables same day amongst other features
Received a call from the SAASL office today who have responded to this thread after seeing it, they said they are currently 90% of the way thru introducing a new website for the amateur league, this is great news !! It will be implemented for the upcoming season.

The website will be similar to the fox sports pulse website (they said they did look at the Fox Sports website but have found a better option)

Website will feature:
- All league's will be updated within 45-60 mins of scores being posted ie same night of games
- Each club will be given their own logins to post scores etc
- Online player registrations will be happening thru the new website
- Player suspensions will be on that website for all to see (no more phone calls to the amateur league)

Sounds really promising, look forward to seeing what its all about, it really is the only thing holding us back at the moment
http://www.footballnews.com.au/forum/vi ... 17&t=77625

Salix Redbacks
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: New SAASL Website for 2016

Post by Salix Redbacks »

How quickly will the cup draws be posted? :P
Why are pimples in the nostril so painful?

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

Sounds promising! Cant wait to see it!
Bill Shankly at Dixie Dean's funeral -
'I know this is a sad occasion, but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd to Goodison than Everton on a Saturday afternoon'

berbatov
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by berbatov »

Salix Redbacks wrote:How quickly will the cup draws be posted? :P

live streaming of the draw maybe?

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

fowler_23 wrote:Sounds promising! Cant wait to see it!
i prefer the current website. there's a lot more suspense when you have no idea of the actual league tables, suspended players, etc.

this way ppl will be too informed and will not leave much for rumours and guessing/slanging matches on the forums.
Im closer than you think

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Suspensions were on the website previously. It caused more problems than it solved though as it wasn't updated correctly.

I think one issue was with BOSA who played a "suspended" player, other side took photos of the guy playing. Turned out the website was wrong.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

can anyone that was there last night at the meeting give us a run down of features etc ?

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

Robbo wrote:can anyone that was there last night at the meeting give us a run down of features etc ?
- Ability to link payment gateway and have players pay clubs for their registration, register directly with generic form or club designed form
- Ability to send out emails for free or sms for a fee to targeted audience, i.e. A squad, B squad etc
- Newsletter manager
- App already available result vault app on the app store with last seasons results
- App can send push notifications if players favorite your club
- Home clubs required to enter result no more phone call
- Away clubs must confirm/dispute result
- Clubs to enter goal scorers
- No more paper forms for players/club referees
- They will try to import their existing database (players) - although also send they will send a spreadsheet for clubs to fill out to get players onto the system - was a bit conflicting
- Photos still need to be provided offline
- New player IDs for everyone based on new system
- Team sheets stay for 2016
- ID cards stay for 2016
- 2017 may see e-membership cards on smartphones
- 2017 may see player profiles where player can view their historical data
- back end website not responsive so need to zoom in/out if using smartphone - app in the future
- Clubs need to select their squads before Saturday/Sunday online so referee can enter cautions/send offs
- They are looking at live score updates without live table updates
- Launch mid-feb hopefully
- SAASL billing will be done through the system / online
- You can load players but only pay the fee when you "register" them against your club

think that covers most of it, there was some questions

- one about the extra work entering squads will be on top of a team sheet - larger squads can be picked and then persist to the next game until tweaked/confirmed.
- one about cross referencing to ffsa player list - no
- one about transfers - sounds like if you have their name/email you can find them and request a transfer
- one about live tables - no
- one about disputing fixtures - email goes to saasl to resolve if disputed

Ali Dia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ali Dia »

berbatov wrote:
Salix Redbacks wrote:How quickly will the cup draws be posted? :P

live streaming of the draw maybe?
that is a great idea and actually not hard at all to set up!
the draw could be live streamed on youtube with a link on the SAASL website!
!!Former Southampton Player!!
Influences: Graeme Souness & Matt Le Tissier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfX9gBmsWqg

bench-warmer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bench-warmer »

Gristy wrote:
Robbo wrote:can anyone that was there last night at the meeting give us a run down of features etc ?
- Ability to link payment gateway and have players pay clubs for their registration, register directly with generic form or club designed form
- Ability to send out emails for free or sms for a fee to targeted audience, i.e. A squad, B squad etc
- Newsletter manager
- App already available result vault app on the app store with last seasons results
- App can send push notifications if players favorite your club
- Home clubs required to enter result no more phone call
- Away clubs must confirm/dispute result
- Clubs to enter goal scorers
- No more paper forms for players/club referees
- They will try to import their existing database (players) - although also send they will send a spreadsheet for clubs to fill out to get players onto the system - was a bit conflicting
- Photos still need to be provided offline
- New player IDs for everyone based on new system
- Team sheets stay for 2016
- ID cards stay for 2016
- 2017 may see e-membership cards on smartphones
- 2017 may see player profiles where player can view their historical data
- back end website not responsive so need to zoom in/out if using smartphone - app in the future
- Clubs need to select their squads before Saturday/Sunday online so referee can enter cautions/send offs
- They are looking at live score updates without live table updates
- Launch mid-feb hopefully
- SAASL billing will be done through the system / online
- You can load players but only pay the fee when you "register" them against your club

think that covers most of it, there was some questions

- one about the extra work entering squads will be on top of a team sheet - larger squads can be picked and then persist to the next game until tweaked/confirmed.
- one about cross referencing to ffsa player list - no
- one about transfers - sounds like if you have their name/email you can find them and request a transfer
- one about live tables - no
- one about disputing fixtures - email goes to saasl to resolve if disputed
Sounds like a heluva lot to get right before the season starts. This is probably gonna be painful for the first couple of months or more. I can see team managers with some e-nous becoming even more important.
Because everyone needs one.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Well looks like more work for clubs but better results at the end of the process. Will be impressed if they get it up and going for next season. Cheers for the feedback

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Poor mans version of sporting pulse... Not 100% sold on it and seems more work for volunteers...

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

only thing its good for is ladders and scorers if all clubs do it, everything else i saw we as a club already have, we see no need to double up that same info on another platform.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Fox Sports Pulse would be the same amount of work for volunteers entering in teams, scorers and scores.

Give it a chance

bloodypassit
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by bloodypassit »

Robbo wrote:Fox Sports Pulse would be the same amount of work for volunteers entering in teams, scorers and scores.

Give it a chance
it takes 1 minute to enter a team with SportingPulse.....
they way it was sold on Monday .. you will have to enter the team electronically then hand write a team sheet.....

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

bloodypassit wrote:
Robbo wrote:Fox Sports Pulse would be the same amount of work for volunteers entering in teams, scorers and scores.

Give it a chance
they way it was sold on Monday .. you will have to enter the team electronically then hand write a team sheet.....
they surely do this in FFSA too ?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

bloodypassit wrote:

Give it a chance
Didn't someone say earlier you can just enter a larger squad and then tweak it on match day.

So surely you just enter your entire playing squad and then just select on the day. Good we have to do it twice though.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

God is an Englishman wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:

Give it a chance
Didn't someone say earlier you can just enter a larger squad and then tweak it on match day.

So surely you just enter your entire playing squad and then just select on the day. Good we have to do it twice though.
Yup, you could do this also simply open a word or excel document and copy paste all the names, easy peasy

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

Robbo wrote:
bloodypassit wrote:

Give it a chance
they surely do this in FFSA too ?
team sheets are either electronic or printed with names which they tick.

the way it was demod is a web control like:

http://imgur.com/k3ypb8X

with your club on the left, and squad selection on the right.

it was not clear if you could assign players a club number, or you would have to do this after the game or whether it persisted between games.

he mentioned some clubs, use this for selection, so coach picks the team online, then the club either prints and posts, or posts a link to the fixture online.

RowePark
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by RowePark »

bloodypassit wrote:

Give it a chance

i don't want you assigning the entire club to A/B/C, say you have 60 players, they dont want 60 in each, rather 20 in each, which is then cut down to 16 after the game etc

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

If I was in charge of it for my club I will name every single player available in the squad for every single game. Any registered player.

I would not limit the side to 16 as what if a reserve player gets injured who was going to be on the bench. What if that's the reserve keeper and I now need to name the C's or the Over 35's keeper?

Seems the most convenient way is to name a squad of 100, which is basically what happens currently

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

God is an Englishman wrote:If I was in charge of it for my club I will name every single player available in the squad for every single game. Any registered player.

I would not limit the side to 16 as what if a reserve player gets injured who was going to be on the bench. What if that's the reserve keeper and I now need to name the C's or the Over 35's keeper?

Seems the most convenient way is to name a squad of 100, which is basically what happens currently
its not official, you can list humphrey bear if you like, its not like you will be docked points cos GIAE was not listed and played or vice versa, even if a team does fill it in and another chooses not too the SAASL dont give a toss, the only thing compulsory will be scores and scorers which is done by the home team and the away team either concur or dispute.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

spooky1972 wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:If I was in charge of it for my club I will name every single player available in the squad for every single game. Any registered player.

its not official, you can list humphrey bear if you like, its not like you will be docked points cos GIAE was not listed and played or vice versa, even if a team does fill it in and another chooses not too the SAASL dont give a toss, the only thing compulsory will be scores and scorers which is done by the home team and the away team either concur or dispute.

So, why have it then?

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

spooky1972 wrote:

So, why have it then?
small steps lead to larger steps, the rest is up to the clubs. Either there becomes a demand for this extra data or there does not. Basically this will replace the phone call on a Saturday or Sunday with results, they will still fine clubs who do not do the results and scorers. However at the end of the day nothing will become completely official until the ref takes in the team sheets and everything matches up. It will have handy options like card counts etc, but again, many clubs do this already on spread sheets etc, it will not speed up alert times as once again team sheets need to be verified, matched and clubs alerted. This process will not mean when a player is suspended it happens next game, it will still be a week later. Don't get me wrong it will have some benefits in possibly 2-5 years but these benefits will at first be up to clubs doing the extra work and data for fun to see where it heads. IMO the guys were unprof very boring and you could clearly tell it was the absolute cheapest path for the SAASL, team app is way better for club use and that's generally free, it won't take long for a clubs password to enter the wrong hands.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Thanks Spooky

Vuvuzela Heaven
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Vuvuzela Heaven »

Stealing knight15's jokes.
There's a buzz in the stadium

WAWAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by WAWAW »

Is there any update re this new set up?
#mylipsaresealed

spooky1972
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by spooky1972 »

everyone is still asleep from the first session

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Question - does results vault have a link that shows the current number of yellow cards per player for your individual club??
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

haywood djablowme wrote:Question - does results vault have a link that shows the current number of yellow cards per player for your individual club??
You can see it on the SAASL website if you're club has been entering them online.