Search found 254 matches

by Fact Hunt
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:46 am
Forum: Amateur League
Topic: Over 35's 2018 Mega Thread
Replies: 27
Views: 8637

Re: Over 35's 2018 Mega Thread

Congratulations Gardens - good bunch of lads
by Fact Hunt
Thu May 31, 2018 11:36 am
Forum: Amateur League
Topic: Cup rd 2
Replies: 59
Views: 13160

Re: Cup rd 2

legga wrote:
slavia wrote:legga wrote:
Where do maiwand play...?

Maiwand moved to Andrew Smith Drive Parafield Gardens
Cheers
Looks like you got Saturday and Sunday afternoon's entertainment covered then mate....
by Fact Hunt
Mon May 14, 2018 10:25 am
Forum: Australian National Football Teams - Socceroos, Olyroos, Matildas etc
Topic: Arnie is the new Socceroos coach
Replies: 18
Views: 5282

Re: Arnie is the new Socceroos coach

Kind of reminds you of the bloke at work that has been around the longest getting promoted not necessarily because he is any good at his job.....
by Fact Hunt
Wed May 09, 2018 9:22 am
Forum: Amateur League
Topic: Sunday results 6/5
Replies: 41
Views: 8622

Re: Sunday results 6/5

God is an Englishman wrote:

Testing times for both amateurs and federation sides at the moment. Feds Reserves on to their 3rd coach for the season and A's just named new coaches as well.
4th actually.
by Fact Hunt
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:02 pm
Forum: Amateur League
Topic: Chickanowski Shield
Replies: 12
Views: 4407

Re: Chickanowski Shield

blue moon wrote:
Old Redback wrote:I understand it is taking place at The Parks this season this Saturday night - can anyone advise on kick off times?
after each goal :)
Is “blue moon” an alias of Swannsong?
by Fact Hunt
Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:41 pm
Forum: Amateur League
Topic: Pre Season Friendlies - Cards
Replies: 13
Views: 3601

Re: Pre Season Friendlies - Cards

Are you suggesting that ill discipline goes unpunished? Maybe take the responsibility that this player did something wrong and deal with it? Irrespective of when it happened, it has happened - agreed the process could have been better publicized but “do the crime do the time” Only in my experience b...
by Fact Hunt
Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:38 pm
Forum: Amateur League
Topic: Pre Season Results - Sat 3 And Sun 4 March
Replies: 5
Views: 3026

Re: Pre Season Results - Sat 3 And Sun 4 March

Think you’ll find the Cs were 3-3 ORB
by Fact Hunt
Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:53 am
Forum: World Football
Topic: Euro Champions League 14/15
Replies: 139
Views: 21677

Re: Euro Champions League 14/15

Man City have won as many European games this season as Man Utd
by Fact Hunt
Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:31 pm
Forum: Amateur League
Topic: SAASL Cup Finals Day....today !
Replies: 28
Views: 10731

Re: SAASL Cup Finals Day....today !

Congratulations to the Downs first team in a fine season. Special mention to Farm who played them off the park in the league meetings and were, in defeat, a credit to their club with the way they conducted themselves - exactly the benchmark of what the sport should be about. Stayed til the end and c...
by Fact Hunt
Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:10 am
Forum: Amateur League
Topic: Friendly tomorrow afternoon, 30th Aug.
Replies: 4
Views: 1274

Re: Friendly tomorrow afternoon, 30th Aug.

What's happened to the Pitbulls? Isn't this their first season? Hope they are surviving, never easy starting up a new club so I hope they stay afloat.
by Fact Hunt
Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:56 pm
Forum: Amateur League
Topic: Results Sunday 24th August
Replies: 145
Views: 20638

Re: Results Sunday 24th August

As for questioning my athletic ability it is fair to say that my best days are in the rear view mirror. I stopped performing when I realized that my performances were no longer of an acceptable standard - may be there is some wisdom there? :D
by Fact Hunt
Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:53 pm
Forum: Amateur League
Topic: Results Sunday 24th August
Replies: 145
Views: 20638

Re: Results Sunday 24th August

Interesting that a former head coach of Florina gets to referee their game against the Downs????? For the record I don't necessarily think he was biased, just terrible. Russell, thanks for the consistent criticism. Can always count on you to reflect negatively on my performance(becoming a regular o...
by Fact Hunt
Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:22 pm
Forum: Junior Football
Topic: Future super star
Replies: 7
Views: 3163

Re: Future super star

Good on the kid but let's not get carried away. I have seen plenty of kids score truck loads in modified rules/SSF games, get championed by pushy parents, be very ordinary when they graduate to a bigger pitch, get bogged down by expectations nd then 4 years later not be playing at all. Let the kid p...
by Fact Hunt
Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:17 pm
Forum: Amateur League
Topic: Round 17 Parafield vs Westies
Replies: 11
Views: 2361

Re: Round 17 Parafield vs Westies

htfac wrote:Hope they put in plenty of windows in your new clubrooms!! :-)
That is funny!
by Fact Hunt
Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:14 pm
Forum: World Football
Topic: Balotelli to Liverpool
Replies: 290
Views: 45931

Re: Balotelli to Liverpool

You say YNWA the rest of us YAWN
by Fact Hunt
Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:04 pm
Forum: World Football
Topic: Balotelli to Liverpool
Replies: 290
Views: 45931

Re: Balotelli to Liverpool

Rodgers tactical naivety at Palace and against Chelsea probably cost the title.
by Fact Hunt
Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:01 pm
Forum: Amateur League
Topic: Results Sunday 24th August
Replies: 145
Views: 20638

Re: Results Sunday 24th August

Until refs can learn to take some constructive criticism maybe they should refrain from jumping to conclusions. Not saying he shouldn't ref just maybe look at who he does ref. I would rather he didn't ref teams I am connected with as I don't think he's any good but that is my opinion based on what I...
by Fact Hunt
Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:29 pm
Forum: World Football
Topic: Balotelli to Liverpool
Replies: 290
Views: 45931

Re: Balotelli to Liverpool

Balotelli at least has already won the PL - maybe he's obviously content at leaving it at one medal?
by Fact Hunt
Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:23 pm
Forum: Amateur League
Topic: Results Sunday 24th August
Replies: 145
Views: 20638

Re: Results Sunday 24th August

Whilst that is true LRO his failure to clamp down on some dreadful tackles from behind has left a few needlessly sore ankles today.
by Fact Hunt
Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:04 pm
Forum: Amateur League
Topic: Results Sunday 24th August
Replies: 145
Views: 20638

Re: Results Sunday 24th August

Interesting that a former head coach of Florina gets to referee their game against the Downs?????
For the record I don't necessarily think he was biased, just terrible.
by Fact Hunt
Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:10 pm
Forum: Amateur League
Topic: Cup semi final draw
Replies: 32
Views: 5070

Re: Cup semi final draw

Jonny Lidon wrote:With all the money the SAASL has maybe one day they could invest in social media

Release the cup draw as it's done via Facebook / twitter
Notify clubs of yellow card accumulation suspensions the same week not 3 weeks later...
Far too sensible a suggestion.
by Fact Hunt
Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:48 pm
Forum: Amateur League
Topic: Cup semi final draw
Replies: 32
Views: 5070

Re: Cup semi final draw

Big G wrote:Tonight at 6:30, anyone attending?
Hopefully you will be and it will give the rest of us respite from your jabberings.
by Fact Hunt
Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:55 pm
Forum: Coaching Football
Topic: Junior/Youth Trials
Replies: 22
Views: 9827

Re: Junior/Youth Trials

Spot on Kings Jesta. A great attitude cannot be coached.
The other bloke seems to be confusing himself - not surprised though, was probably playing football instead of going to English class.
by Fact Hunt
Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:45 pm
Forum: Coaching Football
Topic: Junior/Youth Trials
Replies: 22
Views: 9827

Re: Junior/Youth Trials

Socca wrote:I thought the curriculum was Dutch ?
Why can't we have an Australian one where we think independently with innovation?
by Fact Hunt
Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:26 pm
Forum: Coaching Football
Topic: Junior/Youth Trials
Replies: 22
Views: 9827

Re: Junior/Youth Trials

Yes: Im joint Head coach of the u13 JPL team at Playford City Patriots. Influencing the soccer world gradually then....next stop Barcelona? No need to head to Barca, they already know how to develop young footballers. This is the same Barcelona that keeps spending money on players? $130m this year ...
by Fact Hunt
Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:22 pm
Forum: Coaching Football
Topic: Junior/Youth Trials
Replies: 22
Views: 9827

Re: Junior/Youth Trials

Slide Tackle wrote:
Old Redback wrote:
matty2323 wrote:Yes: Im joint Head coach of the u13 JPL team at Playford City Patriots.
Influencing the soccer world gradually then....next stop Barcelona?
Stupid post.

Ps matty, thanks for the very informative feedback on trials.
Why call it stupid? It's hardly the most dazzling resume......
by Fact Hunt
Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:40 pm
Forum: Amateur League
Topic: Cup Results August 9th/10th 2014
Replies: 61
Views: 9846

Re: Cup Results August 9th/10th 2014

LRO wrote: I am not a big believer on deciding a game on penalties
I agree you are far better off winning in normal time.
by Fact Hunt
Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:50 pm
Forum: Amateur League
Topic: SUNDAY RESULTS 27th July
Replies: 40
Views: 9648

Re: SUNDAY RESULTS 27th July

English wrote:to knee them behind play.
Sounds like there were some tough and brave heroes on display.....
by Fact Hunt
Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:48 pm
Forum: World Football
Topic: Gerrard quits England
Replies: 10
Views: 1878

Gerrard quits England

Reports out of UK say he has retired - assume he got tap on the shoulder. Right thing for England to move on and start afresh. Great servant who never replicated his club form in an England jersey unfortunately but this is the right move.
by Fact Hunt
Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:33 pm
Forum: Amateur League
Topic: Downs-Gardens
Replies: 43
Views: 7951

Re: Downs-Gardens

Hungrier, faster, harder on the day. Credit to the Gardens well played.